Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Share Button

KBrandsma
Aspirant

No Share Button

I have an AC1900, R7000 Router with a USB 5TB WD MyBook attached.  The web portal interface seems to work fine but when I try to share a folder with a family member the Share Button is not there. 

I can open up the drive in the web poprtal, select the sub-folder, I can right click and then select share the link, but when I select the sub-folder and look in the upper right handcorner of the screen for the "Share" button.  It is not there. 

Any ideas.

Thanks,

KBrandsma

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: No Share Button

Hi @KBrandsma,

They cannot add files to the link. You can only share the files on that specified folder which other users can download. If you want other users to add files, you may use the FTP option for ReadyShare in UI.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @KBrandsma,

Welcome to Community!

Share feature via the share button is not available for routers but you may use the share link by right clicking on the folder you want to share to create a link.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
KBrandsma
Aspirant

Dear James GL,

Once you share the link, can they then add files to the folder?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

KBrandsma

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi @KBrandsma,

They cannot add files to the link. You can only share the files on that specified folder which other users can download. If you want other users to add files, you may use the FTP option for ReadyShare in UI.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7