Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No internet connection using wifi 5g network

HLMSPL
Aspirant

No internet connection using wifi 5g network

Router firmware v1.0.11.102. W10 64 bit os. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter.

On separate occasions I use both the 2.4g or the 5g wifi network to connect to the internet. The 2.4g network works fine. Starting about a month ago with the 5g network, I get a connection from my pc to the router but no connection from the router to the internet.

I get an error message when running the Network Genie speed test. I can't connect to any websites or get ping replies. To add to the mess, Genie shows that there is an internet connection from the router. There are no other devices connected on either network.

I've done the modem, router, pc(soft) power off/on process multiple times. I've uninstalled and reloaded the adapter multiple times. At this point, I've run out of ideas. I hope someone in the community has a resolution for this. Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
HLMSPL
Aspirant

A reset of the router fixed the problem. I should have thought of that when I did the power off/on of all the components. Thaks to everyone who responded.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Install version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware to the R7000, factory reset it, and then reinstall it. Disable auto updates. 

See if that works. 

Message 2 of 5
HLMSPL
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. That will leave me vulnerable. Right now with an identified exposure out there prior to the most recent update I'm not inclined to go back versions and leave auto updates off. Even if that works I won't be leaving it in that state.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try searching the forums for R7000 firmware issues. 

You're more than welcome to run the newer version with the security fixes but if it runs poorly for you, then you're caught in a catch-22. 

Or you can try 3rd party firmware for the R7000 which has had its own security issues. 

Message 4 of 5
HLMSPL
Aspirant

A reset of the router fixed the problem. I should have thought of that when I did the power off/on of all the components. Thaks to everyone who responded.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7