Tutor

No internet connection

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
MlaW
Tutor

Re: No internet connection

I have a modem and it works on broadband. The router directions say to plug it into the broadband port on the modem that is needed to connect the modem to the wall. Is not working connected to any of the available ports on the modem.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
microchip8
Master

No kidding

Message 2 of 7
MlaW
Tutor

R6700v2 is my model number. The field above won't let me enter it properly.
My browser keeps glitching and wouldn't let me post my issue after creating the title of my post. I cannot connect the broadband wire directly into the modem because that is the connection needed to plug into our wall. I've tried a splitter, but it still isn't connecting to the internet. Any suggestions on what settings to change to be able to connect?
Message 3 of 7

@MlaW wrote:
I cannot connect the broadband wire directly into the modem because that is the connection needed to plug into our wall. I've tried a splitter, but it still isn't connecting to the internet.

That doesn't make sense. The wall socket is usually for a telephone and/or modem. Routers don't plug into the wall.

What is this modem?

The R6700v2 is a router. Most routers have a  modem in front of them. Router plugs into modem, modem plugs into wall.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 4 of 7
MlaW
Tutor

I have a modem and it works on broadband. The router directions say to plug it into the broadband port on the modem that is needed to connect the modem to the wall. Is not working connected to any of the available ports on the modem.
Message 5 of 7

@MlaW wrote:
I have a modem and it works on broadband.

What is it? Make and model?

@MlaW wrote:
The router directions say to plug it into the broadband port on the modem that is needed to connect the modem to the wall.

Every modem I have seen has at least two ports on it. One plugs the modem into the wall, the other port is there for me to plug the router into the modem. (Some modems also have a port for a telephone, voice, line.)

Message 6 of 7
MlaW
Tutor

After rebooting for what feels like the 200th time, it just started working. Nothing else changed. Thanks for the time you took to answer.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7