Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBS50 with broken part inside

mrm18
Tutor

ORBI RBS50 with broken part inside

I went to find out why my ORBI RBS50 was not connected.  It sits on top of my book stand.  When I picked it up it had a rattle inside.  It has never been dropped. Whey I tried to sync it nothing happened.  Is there a way to open it up to see what has happened?  Why would a part just break off inside for no apparent reason?  Any ideas?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS50 with broken part inside

might try checking a few google posts for teardowns. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/Need-help-with-Teardown-Putting-Orbi-...

https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/jpeorz/rbr50_teardowndisassembly_getting_inside_the_orbi/

Before trying that though, try hardwiring the satellite to the router and syncing it. Could just be a sync issue. 

Message 2 of 4
mrm18
Tutor

Thank you for the information.  It isn't a sync issue as no power is getting to the unit.  I can't imagine would could have happened, as like I said, it was never dropped, yet something broke off in side as I can hear the rattle.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'm not saying you dropped it. but I have turd monkeys around my place that have knocked stuff off before and put it back. 

"i didn't do it" is a frequent occurrence. 🙂 

Not saying thats what happened but it wouldn't be a first for someone else to do it. 

If you're not getting power, try a power adapter from a different satellite and see if it works. 

If it doesn't, then something traumatic might have happened. Opening it to try to solder something back together might be the only option to fix it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7