Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Off Grid Nighthawk

Cabin1516
Aspirant

Off Grid Nighthawk

Hi All,

New to this forum. Looking for help on an off grid application. I have an off grid cabin in the middle of the woods. I do have a Verizon Tower about 4 miles away as the crow flies. Cell service is hit and miss but sometimes i do get 2 bars. I am just looking to work off a laptop from the cabin. What Model or application should i use to obtain WIFI in the Cabin? power come is from Generator.

Ty

Chip

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Not sure what you're plan is here. 

Are you planning on using a hotspot for internet connection? 
Are you just wanting a router to connet to for non-internet usage? 

What's the goal here? 

Message 2 of 6
Cabin1516
Aspirant

Thanks for your response- i am just looking to work on laptop at the cabin-Connect to my work platform and send and recieve emails. had a verizon jetpack couple years ago- worked ok- looking for something more powerful as sometimes had to go to town to connect as jetpack was not reliable- dropped connections had to reboot constantly,,

ty

Message 3 of 6
Cabin1516
Aspirant

yes- Internet connection is my goal

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

You're caught in a catch22. your only option is cellular, correct?

if so, its not how good is the hotspot but how good is the coverage. 

Its going to be finding the ISP with the best coverage at your location. 

A decent hotspot can help but for the most part, its the isp's coverage. 

Another option? Check to see if starlink is available in your area. Its supposed to be getting more and more coverage. 

Message 5 of 6
Cabin1516
Aspirant

thanks.  Yes Off Grid- only option is Cellular. Appreciate you trying to help here, i may just try a Jetpack again when i open up in spring and see if any improved coverage over last year. I signed up for updates on Starlink ty. maybe coverage be available later this year..

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series