Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenVPN LAtest version doesnt work!

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

OpenVPN LAtest version doesnt work!

Currently running OpenVPN 2.57-I602 sucessfully on a R7000 router. I tried the lastest version 2.63 from OpenVPN but it doesnt work for me. Am wonding if you have the same issues an what is the latest version that works for you?

Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Re: OpenVPN LAtest version doesnt work!

@GearNetRouter wrote:

Currently running OpenVPN 2.57-I602 sucessfully on a R7000 router. I tried the lastest version 2.63 from OpenVPN but it doesnt work for me. Am wonding if you have the same issues an what is the latest version that works for you?

Running 2.6.3 on a 64 bit Windows 10 machine.  Connects back to my R9000 without issue.  Ran versions 2.5.7 and 2.6.0 prior.

"Doesn't work for me" leaves a lot of details on the floor?

Message 2 of 4
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

Thanks, does your router have the latest firmware installled? I dont think the OS is a differentiating factor. Doesnt work means doesnt connect. 

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@GearNetRouter wrote:

Thanks, does your router have the latest firmware installled? I dont think the OS is a differentiating factor. Doesnt work means doesnt connect. 

The operating system does make a difference.  What operating system are you running the OpenVPN application under?  Is it a 32 bit or 64 bit version?

Yes, most recent router firmware.

How long has it been since you updated the OpenVPN configuration files on your client computer?

In the OpenVPN application, when you attempt to connect there is a connection log that should provide you with details of the attempted connection.  If there is not much in your log, you need to use a text editor and edit the client.ovpn configuration file.  There is a line that says verb 0, edit it to say verb 5 and save the file.  Your log file on any attempted connection will now show additional details you can use for troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7