Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental Control by MAC Address not working

agdodge4x4
Luminary

Parental Control by MAC Address not working

I got my parental controls working on my router from a 'global' standpoint.  But, what I want to do is now control levels by MAC address.  I'd like to limit ipads to a higher level than the global setting.  I see you can do this by selecting MAP from Netgear Genie, and then selecting the device and setting the level you want.

However, when I do that, it doesn't work.  The level available to the ipad is still the global setting.  Is this just a feature that doesn't work or is there another way it has to be implemented?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Just curious - do you have the Genie App installed on the devices you like to cover by the special profiles? Im my understanding, this is a requirement for the Parental Control design to work.

Afraid, beyond this I can't help much - because that requirement was one of the show stoppers during my tests, and I had to stop and abandon this feature. Potentially, this is why there are not many community members here making use of it, and won't be willing to burn their fingers.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
agdodge4x4
Luminary

ttt

Message 2 of 5
agdodge4x4
Luminary

ZERO F--KS GIVEN.

Thanks for the support, Netgear.

Message 3 of 5
agdodge4x4
Luminary

TTT

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Just curious - do you have the Genie App installed on the devices you like to cover by the special profiles? Im my understanding, this is a requirement for the Parental Control design to work.

Afraid, beyond this I can't help much - because that requirement was one of the show stoppers during my tests, and I had to stop and abandon this feature. Potentially, this is why there are not many community members here making use of it, and won't be willing to burn their fingers.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7