Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Playing Counter Strike (CSGO) it shows I am from Poland but I am from Denmark.

ThomasAppel
Aspirant

Playing Counter Strike (CSGO) it shows I am from Poland but I am from Denmark.

Hi

Playing Counter Strike (CSGO) it shows I am from Poland but I am from Denmark. Also I got a notification from Microsoft that I was logged in from Poland. When I change to use a mobile hotspot there is no problem, so it is not the computer. The poblem happen after adding the R8000 router to my network. On the router VPN is no selected and on the computer also no VPN. My external IP is 77.33.31.223 is Danish. The Internet provider says everything is OK on their side.

Anybody there can help please?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router, R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Playing Counter Strike (CSGO) it shows I am from Poland but I am from Denmark.

Is Poland the closest CSGO server? You may want to pull the power on the modem and the routers and restart the PCs this seems like a strange IP issue since your not using a VPN. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ThomasAppel
Aspirant

Has tried to factory reset the router and install it again but i still face the same issue. Poland is not the nearest CSGO server and if I join from another network there is no problem. Same issue with WIFI and network cable. On my old R7000 router there was no problem. The provider has changed the fiberbox to run in bridgemode but that does not either solve the it.

@DarrenM wrote:

Is Poland the closest CSGO server? You may want to pull the power on the modem and the routers and restart the PCs this seems like a strange IP issue since your not using a VPN. 

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
DorothyMorgan
Aspirant

Also had this problem

Message 4 of 5
ThomasAppel
Aspirant

Issue solved: The Internet provider found out that the issue is on their site. I had a dynamic public IP address and searching on this IP it actually looks it came from Denmark however if you searched from outside Denmark the IP was located in Poland. This issue is still not solved. As a temporary fix my Internet provider gave me a Carrier grade NAT IP. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7