Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please teach an idiot Link Aggregation

Herbert323
Aspirant

Please teach an idiot Link Aggregation

Hi, I need some help. I have a nighthawk R8500 and a ReadyNAS 214 which I would like to use link aggegation on. All my attempts thus far have failed. Please explain to me what exactly I have to do and what settings I should use as far as hashes etc are concerned.

i am operating a totally MAC system and my R8500 is connected to the cable modem forum my Internet provider which is JCOM here in Tokyo.

My primary use will be to stream iTunes and contain personal data.

thank you

Herbert

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Please teach an idiot Link Aggregation

Here's the manual - LAG Page 69-71. You should also look at your NAS manual to marry up the configurations.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Here's the manual - LAG Page 69-71. You should also look at your NAS manual to marry up the configurations.

Message 2 of 3
mondenath
Prodigy

it may be simple but the actual usage is if nas have 2 lan port then you canuse the 2 port connected to router seperately provisioned closer a pair apart from 4 ports.

Once connected then they can act as 2Gb/s instead of 1Gb/s each or fail over.

Again it purely depends on application. Link aggregation may not yeild 200% as know fact LAN speed based on actual environment. But if you are getting with previous setup say local lan transfer of 100+MB/s close to 800Mb/s .

Then you may achieve 180+MB/s or less but still if more devices are connected then it can get benifit out of it. Not just 1 or 2. Say 5-10 devices constantly pulling or backing up then 2gb is a big plus.

Say 1080P stream by 10 users will need more than 100MB/s

It idle environment but again 4k is now available so if bluray or 4k is being streamed chances are there even 1gb is not sufficient. Again its highly unlikely environment for the ling aggregation

But if 2-3 pc's constantly backing up then say it works better as backup is tedious bandwidth task.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7