Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor Support

Garyleetoo
Tutor

Poor Support

I've worked with six plus techs, for over 7 months, on multiple issues with my R7000P Nighthawk, with no progress what ever.  I've written two letter to the CEO's office with no responses.  How do I get help with these issues that should have been resolved.  According to the community, some have existed since inception of this product.  I've used Netgear for almost 30 years, now I'm totally feed up with this product and the lack of support.

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

What issue are you running into? 
Some of it might be the fact that it was released in 2016 and while isn't considered end of life, isn't getting much for updates. 

Most updates are just security related. 

You can always check into 3rd party firmwares for that device. I've heard good things about modifying it. (does void warranty)

Message 2 of 10

@Garyleetoo wrote:

How do I get help with these issues that should have been resolved. 

Start here.

According to the community, some have existed since inception of this product. 

Care to point us to some of those messages? It might help to advise you on what causes grief at your end.

I have used an R7000P since it was released, more than five years ago. Hardly a problem in sight. Just keeps soldiering on.

Message 3 of 10
Garyleetoo
Tutor

1) VPN won't work

2) 5G quits id MIMO is on

3) adding a new device to the network takes a restart to be noticed, or one has to wail hours or even days to be noticed.

4) The Circle add comes up at even logon and can't be disabled.

I've tried one R6900P and and two R7000Ps, all had the same issues.

Netgear has been working on these issues since March and has resolved none of them.

I've written three letters to the CEO and received zero responses.

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channels are you using? Auto? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

How is advanced Wifi Settings configured on the router? 

Message 5 of 10
Garyleetoo
Tutor

I have all Belden Cat 6 wiring; I'm an ex-network guy, but retired for over 15 years and have been using Netgear, exclusively, for almost 30 years. I have cover 25 connected devices, most wired, and use subnet 0.X not the default 192.168.1.X.   Netgear's higher tier, has been working on the issues for months.  I live in the mountains; I use inSSIDer;  to verify that Ihave no close or  interfering neighbors.  I have FW V1.3.3.148_10.1.82  Using channels 1 & 157 with WPA2 security (PDF Attached), and access control via MAC address.  I use a Windstream T3260 Router, in bridge mode, with 12G bonded DSL service.  .Thanks for you interest and support.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you capture the Advanced Setup/Wireless settings page as well and post? 

Does same thing happen if Smart Connect is enabled with MIMO?

Does 5Ghz drop if you try using channel 40? 

Try updating FW to see if anything changes? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000P-Firmware-Version-1-3-3-152-Releas...

What CAT# lan cable are you using between the router and modem? 

Does the router feel warm or extra hot? 

I keep a laptop cooler under my routers at all times. 

Message 7 of 10
Garyleetoo
Tutor

I'm giving up.  I've used NetGear for almost 30 years, but now their products and support stinks.  They've worked on these issues for over 9 months now.  Engineering hasn't even figured them out.  I've written five letters to the CEO; one sent certified, and, the last registered mail; still no replies.

I've got 3 Netgear routers, 4 smart switches, a NAS, several hubs, extenders, & various other devices. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NETGEAR PRDUCT!

Message 8 of 10
Garyleetoo
Tutor

Now What????

Engineering did a remote, as I watched.  They had the same issues as I did (on the VPN issue, they haven't worked on the others).  They said that they would summarize and report back.  That was a week ago.  Today I sent and email and ask for an update.  I received a "do not reply" email, stating that the case is closed.  After working on the issue since May, with no closure or resolutions, and putting the other issues on hold to "work on one at a time".  Now what?  I'm stuck with a router that I purchased in February, worked with NetGear on for all this time, and still have a router with none of the issues resolve, and now out of support time.  On top of all that, no one from the main office will answer any of my five letters, one even sent by registered mail.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you got any progress with NG support on this. 

@DarrenM @ChristineT 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7