Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forward ReadyShare Network Neighborhood/MacShare Through Primary Router

PseudoResonance
Aspirant

Port Forward ReadyShare Network Neighborhood/MacShare Through Primary Router

Hello,

I'm working on setting up my new Netgear Router to host a file server for me from a hard drive connected via the eSata port. I got the server working, but because I have a crazy setup of a modem/gateway, primary router and now my Netgear Router for it's great WiFi, it's causing some issues. I need to be able to access the file server even from my modem/gateway (which acts as it's own router, but due to other annoying reasons I can't disable the router feature as well as for backup if the power goes out because it has a nice battery). To access the file server, I need to port forward on my primary router to open TCP port 445 of the Netgear IP so that I can access it from my modem/gateway, however it doesn't seem to work. Am I opening the wrong port? I also port forwarded the NetBIOS 137-139 on UDP and TCP for good measure incase that was the issue, but it didn't help. I am trying to access the file server from the IP given to my primary router, 10.0.0.5. All other ReadyShare access methods are disabled, but I can still access ReadyShare from it's assigned IP, 192.168.1.5 as well as it's own gateway IP of 192.168.0.1...

Is there anything I should try to get this working? Thanks!

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
PseudoResonance
Aspirant

Re: Port Forward ReadyShare Network Neighborhood/MacShare Through Primary Router

Not sure what happened, but it spontaneously started working. Perhaps a restart fixed it, not sure.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
PseudoResonance
Aspirant

Re: Port Forward ReadyShare Network Neighborhood/MacShare Through Primary Router

Just to add to this, I found out that the reason I can access the file server from it's assigned internal IP is simply because of NAT Loopback... So it's not exactly "getting out" of it's private network. Is this just a limitation of the software?

Message 2 of 3
PseudoResonance
Aspirant

Not sure what happened, but it spontaneously started working. Perhaps a restart fixed it, not sure.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7