Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Portforwarding a Minecraft Server

opdoom603
Tutor

Portforwarding a Minecraft Server

Recently 2 weeks ago I had to get a new router because my house was getting Fiber installed. I already located the Port Forwarding section on my routers webpage and tried to port forward my Minecraft Server. When I tried to join using my IP it said that the Connection was refused and there was no further information.

Capture.PNG

I have tried creating Inbound & Outbound rules for the server, forgot to mention, I'm using the standard port for Minecraft Servers which is 25565.

Capture2.PNG

I started to search for tons of reasons why this wasn't working, I created a static IP, I turned off some firewall settings. Nothing really worked and I still had the same problem. Now I'm left stuck and dumbfounded on why this doesn't work, I have been sifting through posts and YouTube videos on how to port forward Minecraft servers but no video had one for my specific router.

If someone could please help me solve this, it would make my day.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What model NG router do you have? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is uPnP disabled? 

Message 2 of 4
opdoom603
Tutor

Sorry for the late response, I appreciate for you responding.

My Netgear router I have is a: R8000P | Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router

The current firmware I have installed is: V1.4.2.84_1.3.42

I think I got the model number but I'm too sure because I'm very new to this, I use FiberCast and the only thing I found related to a number is this: FiberCast HG8321R

UPnP is enabled

If you have any solutions I would be most grateful.

Message 3 of 4
opdoom603
Tutor

I feel like I forgot to mention, I already passed the port through the fire wall inbound & outbound settings they both have a TCP & UDP service for the Minecraft Server with 25565 ports set, and that was most peoples solutions to why it wasn't working, but it worked with my old router with no settings changed, only in the port forwarding section. I thought a clean switch over to a completely new router system would work but apparently not. I really hope its not my FiberCast box thats causing the problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7