Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Possible problem with R8500 and firmware update version V1.0.2.160?

Dutch645
Follower

Possible problem with R8500 and firmware update version V1.0.2.160?

I am interested in hearing from anybody with an R8500 that has had problems after updgrading to V1.0.2.160.

After upgrading from V1.0.2.158 to V1.0.2.160, my R8500 worked for several days but then stopped working. The WiFi channels were not visible., and I could not log in from a web browser. Rebooting did not seem to help, and I did a reset to the default config, and it rebooted, but soon the same thing happened. After another reboot, at first no WiFi channels were visible, but I left it on and after a day or two, the channels started working. I then downgraded to V1.0.2.158, and have had no issues over several days since.

The general behavior led me to suspect it is an intermittent hardware problem. The unit is installed in a cool place, with no other equipment generating heat or blocking airflow.

The R8500 is configured as an Access Point, and there is another Access Point on the LAN, so it has not been an inconvenience to have it out of service.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Possible problem with R8500 and firmware update version V1.0.2.160?

I had mine one for a good week or so after installing v.160 on mine. Factory reset and setup from scratch and in router mode.

What channels are you using? I was using 11 and 161. 40Mhz with all other settings default.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What devices do you have all connected? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7