Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems after updating R8000 firmware

Reenio
Aspirant

Problems after updating R8000 firmware

I have a pc which only connects to the 2Ghz band but since updating the firmware it has very poor signal & drops out constantly. Other devices are connecting ok? Any known issues or fixes?
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Problems after updating R8000 firmware

Hi @Reenio,

Please perform a factory reset and power cycle on the router after a successful firmware update. I also suggest making sure that the driver for the adapter of the computer is up to date. You may also use the Wi-Fi Analytics feature of the NETGEAR Genie app if you have it installed or any similar program to check for interferences and select the best channel.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Reenio,

Please perform a factory reset and power cycle on the router after a successful firmware update. I also suggest making sure that the driver for the adapter of the computer is up to date. You may also use the Wi-Fi Analytics feature of the NETGEAR Genie app if you have it installed or any similar program to check for interferences and select the best channel.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Reenio
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry about replying late. It was a work pc & IT updated the adapter. Works sweet now. Thanks again 🙂
Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Reenio,

Good to know it is working now and you are welcome.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
rayjos
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000

Firmware Version 
V1.0.2.46_1.0.97

I am not able to establish a wireless SSH connection from my Windows machine to a Linux through the R8000 after updated the firmware. I am able to establish a wired connection. Please suggest how I may recover the functionality. I have setup port forwarding for the server.

I see above that a factory reset my be needed but the user manual does not state how to do this.

How do I perform a factory reset and is there anything else I should check?

Message 5 of 7
rayjos
Aspirant

Re: Problems after updating R8000 firmware, SSH

Nighthawk X6 R8000

Firmware Version 
V1.0.2.46_1.0.97

I am not able to establish a wireless SSH connection from my Windows machine to a Linux through the R8000 after updated the firmware. I am able to establish a wired connection. Please suggest how I may recover the functionality. I have setup port forwarding for the server.

I see above that a factory reset my be needed but the user manual does not state how to do this.

How do I perform a factory reset and is there anything else I should check?

Message 6 of 7
Reenio
Aspirant

Hi Rajos, Are you getting an error message? Im not an expert but I would check to make sure you are getting Internet access through your wifi.

Factory reset instructions are here:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25156/~/r8000-faqs

Might be worthwhile posting this as a new question, there may be people who have had similar problems & fixes.
Good luck
Reenio
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7