Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with Synology Download Station after swapping to Netgear D7000??

steviep94
Tutor

Problems with Synology Download Station after swapping to Netgear D7000??

As per the title really - I've swapped from a TP Link router to the D7000 and I can't seem to get the Download Station on my Synology NAS working!?!?

The upload seems to be working OK  but I can't seem to get any downloads to work at all - I assume it could be a port issue but I've tried forwarding a few without success - can anyone give me any pointers because this is driving me mad!!

Thanks...

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
steviep94
Tutor

Re: Problems with Synology Download Station after swapping to Netgear D7000??

Never mind, it looks as though LAN4 was somehow being reserved for something to do with "IPTV" - disabled this in the router settings and all 4 ports appear to work fine now!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
mondenath
Prodigy

ok have you enabled qos.

What error did you get.

what do you mean by upload did you schedule any folder sync feature with cloud services.

Just give more info what was the actual setup. Can you see if pc can access to net and do some torrenting sample.

Message 2 of 4
steviep94
Tutor

Many thanks for the reply!

I actually managed to sort the problem - not quite sure how but I think there was a setting somewhere within my Synology NAS that was still set to the old gateway on my other router - as I say,  not 100% sure why it's fixed but it is!

However, I've now hit upon another issue - port 4 on the router doesn't appear to work!?!?!

I've tried various devices plugged into port 4 including a laptop, TV, switch and my NAS and they all fail to connect to the network (despite the port 4 LED lighting up!) - when I use the port to connect the laptop, I do get the ususal "identifying" message saying it's trying to connect but it fails!

I assume there isn't a strange setting somewhere that enables or disables specific ports is there?

Also, what benefit do you get by turning of QoS??

Thanks for any continued help.....

Message 3 of 4
steviep94
Tutor

Never mind, it looks as though LAN4 was somehow being reserved for something to do with "IPTV" - disabled this in the router settings and all 4 ports appear to work fine now!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7