Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question About R6700v2 LED Lights

thedragonlady
Aspirant

Question About R6700v2 LED Lights

i've had routers for many a years now and always when set up the internet, 2.4ghz, 5ghz, and lan led's always blink contiuosly and with no discernable pattern as information is passed back and forth. whenever i see my router's led's blinking with a pattern usually a reboot of router,modem, and devices cured that. i just got this router on 6/26 and it has continuosly blinked in this pattern 6 quick blinks and a 2sec pause. no matter how many times i've refreshed the whole network i get the same patterns. now this router is way more advanced than any i've had before. my last was a wndr3700v2 which i want to include in my networking later on the wifi on it has all but died but the lans still work fine but that's another problem for another day. this router is more advanced with more settings but i'm ok with the basic and most advanced settings i have began to study the more advanced settings of this thing but i should be able to have a "simple" but stronger dual band router on my hands without going deep into the advanced settings. my wifi signal on my laptop is fluctuating between 58 and 72mbps when the old one held at a steady 65mbps. one of the two xbox 360's on the network keeps signing out of xbox live. i also have a xbox one and all are wired connections with no problems so far. i just feel like i'm not getting proper performance from this new router. if there is any help out there i would appreciate it. oh i have the 1.1.0.38 firmware.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Question About R7000 LED Lights

Hi thedragonlady,

The wireless speed, is it on 2.4GHz or 5Ghz?

Try changing channels of your network.

Blinking LED are just normal when there is activity on wireless connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi thedragonlady,

The wireless speed, is it on 2.4GHz or 5Ghz?

Try changing channels of your network.

Blinking LED are just normal when there is activity on wireless connection.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi thedragonlady,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7