Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

D_Day79
Follower

R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

Purchased the R6700AX in March, have had nothing but problems with the speed on the 2.4Ghz band. Finally went support and had 2 phone calls of over 5 hrs each troubleshooting the unit with no resolution. Consistently only get 2 mbps down and 1 mbps or less up on the 2.4Ghz band when I am directly in front of the router with 3 ft. Get about 230-240 mbps down and 12 mbps up consistently on the 5Ghz band.
When troubleshooting with support tried different channels to no effect and different firmware to no effect as well. I see all over the community support page that this is a very common problem with numerous different models of netgear routers. Switched from an Arris router and never had this issue the Arris on the 2.4Ghz line. Upgraded to get more out of the speed I was paying for from Xfinity.

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem as of yet??
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

Please visit and post about this over in the RAX WiFi 6 router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

@D_Day79 wrote:
Purchased the R6700AX in March, have had nothing but problems with the speed on the 2.4Ghz band. 

Wifi 6 devices have sometimes caused grief because the stuff at the other end of the link, the wifi card in a PC for example, has the wrong drivers. 

So looking into the wifi client, as well as the source, may also offer some clues.

@D_Day79 wrote:
Switched from an Arris router and never had this issue the Arris on the 2.4Ghz line. 

Was that Wifi 6?

It might also help to tell people what the modem is in front of your router.

This might be worth reading:

Solved: Re: Netgear Nighthawk Mesh system not detected by ... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7