Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 random drops

dmartin22
Guide

R6700v2 random drops

Recently upgraded to the R6700v2, running the newest firmware V1.1.0.38_1.0.1

Just about everything in our house drops the internet randomly. It doesn't require restarting the router like some other people but it is incredible frustrating trying to watch something on netflix or when I'm playing a game on XB1. Basically any match that is longer than 5 minutes I will get a "lost connection" error and it even kicks me out of party chat saying my network settings restrict it (all my NATs are open). I've tried some of the fixes listed like disabling the WMM, doing factory settings and then manually setting the channels for the 2.4/5ghz and dialing back the maximum speeds but nothing works. Now, if I plug directly into the router I do not have disconnection issues. Any thoughts?

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
dmartin22
Guide

Re: R6700v2 random drops

So after going back and forth with support, they suggested returning the router. I happily did (2 days ago) and got a linksys in its place that even though the speed isn't quite what I was getting with the R6700v2 it has let us play and watch whatever without any of the hiccups that we had with our netgear. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
thedragonlady
Aspirant

i'm having the same problems. question how are your leds blinking? mine are doing 6 rapid blinks with 2sec in between. that is an odd pattern to me and i've never had a router do that.

Message 2 of 8
dmartin22
Guide

Yeah my internet connection and 2.4 ghz led flash 4 times and then take a break for about 2 seconds. On occasion the 5 ghz light flashes with them but not all the time. 

Message 3 of 8
thedragonlady
Aspirant

from past experiences with other routers it shouldn't do that right? 

Message 4 of 8
dmartin22
Guide

It is different from what I'm used to, especially since the blinking is a constant pattern, but according to Netgear blinking means it is sending/receiving information.

https://kb.netgear.com/24244/Understanding-NETGEAR-LED-Symbols

I did fill out a tech support ticket for this and will let you know if/when Netgear responds, however after seeing so many complaints about their support I'm not really optimistic. Already shopping around searching for a replacement. 

Message 5 of 8
thedragonlady
Aspirant

well it has always been my experience that it sometimes takes a new router to settle in. i'm thinking of rolling back the firmware to 34 and see if that helps

Message 6 of 8
dmartin22
Guide

Support just emailed be a little bit ago to roll back the firmware and then do factory settings and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, it seems to be having the same issues I had before. 

Message 7 of 8
dmartin22
Guide

So after going back and forth with support, they suggested returning the router. I happily did (2 days ago) and got a linksys in its place that even though the speed isn't quite what I was getting with the R6700v2 it has let us play and watch whatever without any of the hiccups that we had with our netgear. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7