Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 Daily Internet Drops Requiring Restart

kharjigli
Follower

R6700v3 Daily Internet Drops Requiring Restart

I am currently running Firmware Version V1.0.4.128_10.0.104 and about once a day my internet connection will drop both wifi and ethernet connection. I tried factory resetting the router and the issue has still persisted. I have heard downgrading firmware is an option but have waited to try so as I see no public issues with this firmware.

When the drop happens even the ethernet connection does not allow me to access the admin panel (through the default gateway). So would this indicate a modem issue? The modem is a Technicolor tc4400-am and has no error indication lights on (all green like normal use) or is this still a problem with my Netgear Router?

Any additional troubleshooting tips would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6700v3 Daily Internet Drops Requiring Restart

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7