Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 New Firmware 1.0.6.28 released

Rascaloup
Aspirant

Hello !

I've had got those problems and issues with this terrible firmware.

If you can't log to router anymore, you can have access with booting your pc on a linux live cd (any distro). So connect to your router with FF for exemple and re-install urgently firmware 1.0.4.28_1.1.64. This is the last one that gets well. Firmware 1.0.5.52_1.1.81 seems to be broken when you re-install it after a try with 1.0.6.28.

Very good job Netgear 😞

Message 151 of 321
rpoffen
Virtuoso

It was found that with this version of FW, it somehow tends to run afoul of Kaspersky anti-virus. If you have Kaspersky, and cannot get to the web admin GUI (you might get an error like connection reset), then temporarily un-install Kaspersky, login to the web GUI and setup the router.

You can then re-install Kaspersky. Not a great solution, not sure what the web GUI could be doing that is triggering it.

I personally have Trend Micro anti-virus, and don't have a problem.

Message 152 of 321
tparty
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue here .. any fixes???

Terry

Message 153 of 321
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Which issue? There are many issues with this version.

Probably the best fix is to revert back to an older version. 1.0.4.28 and 1.0.4.30 seem to be the most stable.

Message 154 of 321
superartificial
Aspirant

This is my 5th Netgear router. I've followed alot of firmware updates for several devices.
It's hard to say - But this firmware (Asus Merlin) is the best and fastest firmware I've ever run on a Netgear device.
0 Problems if you proced the update steps.

Sorry for that - But it's really a great update for the R7000.

Message 155 of 321
Hot54321
Apprentice

What is your current router?
Message 156 of 321
superartificial
Aspirant

R8000 at home and a R7000 at my "man cave" 🙂

Message 157 of 321
01R
Luminary
Luminary

i got a wierd problem since i upgraded to this firmware  sometimes the router reports that im gettin smurf attacks sometimes from my own modem  is it the fw or real smurf attacks any one else have this problem ?

Message 158 of 321
Vash
Aspirant

I tried to get an Arlo single camera setup with the Netgear R7000. I've already done a factory router reset and have the latest firmware. No dice. I've got a worthless camera and a wasted Saturday. Initially, I was able to get the router synced with my Arlo account, but the camera wouldn't sync. Then, the camera wouldn't sync with the router. Then, once the camera sync worked no video and the camera status always said "Busy". After multiple iterations of removing and adding the router etc from my Arlo account, now the Arlo app can't even discover my router. My router currently shows one offline camera on the Arlo portion of the router config. The Arlo app and My Arlo site don't reflect any devices. Really frustrated.
Message 159 of 321
Killhippie
Prodigy

No such attacks here from my modem, it could be the router getting it wrong but I have to say I hardly notice any port scans or fin attacks etc in my logs, its much better than previous netgear firewalls which panicked over a udp packet. 😉
Message 160 of 321
Killhippie
Prodigy

Anything to do with your computers firewall and AV?
Message 161 of 321
Vash
Aspirant

It shouldn't. My AV isn't on currently due to an incompatibility with the current beta version of OS X and I don't have a standalone software-based firewall active.

Plus, I had previously been able to add/remove the router from my Arlo device list multiple times while troubleshooting the camera sync issue. Now, nothing. No devices can be detected or synced. I also tried using the Arlo iOS app which should preclude the possibility of anything on my MacBook Pro having any effect.
Message 162 of 321
JamesGL
Master

Hi Vash,

Just to verify if you have followed the steps on the KB article below:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30212/~/how-do-i-setup-arlo-on-my-r7000-nighthawk-rout...

Message 163 of 321
Vash
Aspirant

Yes, I did. This AM I just did a factory reset, reinstalled firmware, and another factory reset. After manually reconfiguring my router, the router finally showed up for the Arlo iOS app to be added to my account. After a couple tries, I was also able to add the Arlo camera. Although, now the camera won't display video. First, the camera shows as "Busy" in the Arlo app. After rebooting my router and modem, the camera didn't show "Busy" anymore in the Arlo app. The camera does, however, now show "Offline" in both the Arlo app and the R7000 router configuration Arlo menu.

Message 164 of 321
Hot54321
Apprentice

Everbody have here problems, and none of the devp. Are responding.. Bad f*cking support. Real bad.
Message 165 of 321
Killhippie
Prodigy

You must be running a very early version of 10.11.4 then. Tbh you should not run beta software on your main machine anyway, i'm runningg 10.11.3 with no issues at all. Also what AV, OS X does not play kindly with most AV"s I would say Malwarebytes is all you raelly need for a mac at this time, and common sense. didnt you partion your drive so you had at least a working version of the latest supported release?

Message 166 of 321
Vash
Aspirant

Yes, 10.11.4. TBH, I've run OS X betas for a while and the risk is negligible as long as I have a prior working backup. Usually, any antivirus issues are related to changes in how System Integrity Protection works. I currently use Sophos antivirus. That, however, doesn't really have any bearing on this thread as the issues I'm facing are present via the Arlo iOS app and the MyArlo site in OS X and Windows 10-based browsers. While I appreciate the input, I'd also like this thread to stay on topic.
Message 167 of 321
JamesGL
Master

Hi Vash,

Please check your inbox.

Message 168 of 321
Killhippie
Prodigy

Considering your are using a what betera 2 of 10.11.4 with windows 10 there could be issues that effect you. Runnig a partion with 10.11.3 would be helpful trouble shooting wise I would have thought, that was why I mentioned it. Also as you know never run a beta on a main machine, even Apple say that. So the interface  with 10.11.4 and the My Arlo site using Windows 10 is relavant I would have thought as 10.11.4 is the base that all this happens on.

Message 169 of 321
nocky100
Tutor

Upgraded to this release and then the 2.4GHz SSID would always fail to authenticate on multiple devices from PC to iPad to Mac to Amazon Fire. Investigated the issue using WiFi analyser on Android phone and noted that the 2.4GHz non-Guest non-Arlo SSID existed twice with two different MAC addresses, one marked Netgear and the other marked Local Admin (which I believe indicates the vendor mac identifier). Trying to connect always resulted in an authentication problem reported on the Android phone. I reverted to 1.0.5 and immediately everything was fine and the strange duplicate SSID was no longer present.

Seems clear to me that this firmware has a major bug with SSID handling likely generated by the addition of the ARLO capability. Seems I need to wait for the next release after this.

Message 170 of 321
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Reset to factory defaults as has been mentioned in many places on the firmware 1.0.6.28 related threads.

If it still has problems, then abandon that version and downgrade.

Message 171 of 321
jflorance
Star

I just checked my network with WiFi Analyzer on Android and I only see one mac address each for 5G, 2.4G and 2.4G Guest. But, my phone frequently looses internet access on either of my two non-guest networks. If I switch over to the other one, I'm back in business. Annoying but not a show stopper. Most of my stuff is on a wired network. I also saw the problem with my previous FW, which I don't recall. I wonder if there is a partern here. Also, I have had Arlo disabled since the first post in this thread. 

Message 172 of 321
mondenath
Prodigy

It Seems the gui is slow that 5.4 series firmware. Its more sluggish nowadays than centria.

Hope it will get fixed next update.

Message 173 of 321
shadedred
Aspirant

Just adding to the long list of issues here in case someone is curious (or hasn't been stated already)...

I'm unable to disable the 5Ghz radio - oddly enough, if I choose the option to hide the SSID, it no longer appears, however with the combination of the two (or just the radio being off), the 5Ghz is still broadcasting its SSID - while you're unable to connect, it's an annoyance nonetheless. In testing this, the Arlo SSID would also randomly appear (at least it appears random), despite having Arlo disabled.

Message 174 of 321
Hot54321
Apprentice

None of the devlopers are responding here.... Fail number 2
Message 175 of 321
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7