Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Not Getting Gigabit Speed Paired with 716GE ONT

mordecai131
Tutor

R7000 Not Getting Gigabit Speed Paired with 716GE ONT

Hello All,

So I've had this R7000 for a while and have used it with all my networks up until now. Recently I moved and signed up for CenturyLink fiber and they said I had to use their equipment. After some research and what not I found out I don't actually have to use their equiment and ultimately can save myself some money by using my R7000 to connect to the internet and send back CenturyLink's router. After a few days of trying to get everything to work I finally got the R7000 running this morning. The issue I have is I can only get up to 200 mb/s over LAN connection. With CenturyLink's router I'd get the full 940 mb/s. I don't have QoS on or Traffic Metering, which seems to be the most common issues for everyone. I'm not sure what all information y'all would need but just let me know and I'll update whatever is needed. Thanks in advance for the help!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Not Getting Gigabit Speed Paired with 716GE ONT

what firmware are you on? 

I'd also make sure access control and parental controls is disabled. 

If you've had those enabled, I'd factory reset the router and do a clean install on it. Make sure not to restore from a backup. 

Message 2 of 6
mordecai131
Tutor

It's on firmware V1.0.11.110_10.2.100 and from the looks of it both Access Control and Parental controls are disabled. Just before I set up my router I did do a factory reset and used all the default settings except for those that were needed like PPPoE and VLAN tagging to connect to the CenturyLink network.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I'd try the 1.0.9.42 firmware for the R7000. 

install that over a hardwired connection, factory reset and do a clean install again. 

Message 4 of 6
mordecai131
Tutor

I'll give it a shot, probably wont be able to update till tomorrow morning now that the family is up and using the internet.

Message 5 of 6
mordecai131
Tutor

Sorry for the delayed response to the topic. So after flashing to the older firmware and factory resetting I was able to get up to 400mb/s. That same day though my wife had me switch back to the ISP provided router. After switching back everything was running extremly slow and when contacting my ISP I was told I was getting BIP8 errors. After power cycling the ONT everything seems to be fine but I didn't want to risk causing more issues so I boxed up the R7000 and haven't touched it since. If I had a way to guarantee gigabit from the R7000 without causing more possible issues with my ISP I would persue the switch further but I'm not sure how I can do that.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7