Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 QoS Device Prioritization not working with most recent Firmware (V1.0.9.64_10.2.64)

samapatti
Aspirant

R7000 QoS Device Prioritization not working with most recent Firmware (V1.0.9.64_10.2.64)

I have had this problem for a while and since a couple of firmware versions ago:

When I try to change the device priority in the List of "Attached Devices" when "Dynamic QoS" is active, it doesn't apply the changed priorities of the Devices.

Is this supposed to work that way or a bug?

When I use manual QoS, it seems to work and the whole priority column of the "Attached Devices" Menu is missing, too - which makes somewhat sense, but is also a little bit un-comfortable then since you have to use the QoS Manual Setup page then and the device names there are NOT synchronized with the Device Names in the Menu of the "Attached Devices" section.

So, I'd really appreciate if this would be sorted out, so I can comfortably continue to use the router for hopefully many, many more years of reliable service in my Home.

Best wishes and thanks for your hard work.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 QoS Device Prioritization not working with most recent Firmware (V1.0.9.64_10.2.64)

@samapatti 

With your speeds, you do not need QoS.  Seems you have alrady stumbled on this yourself.  Please do not worry about reverting to an earlier version of FW.  1.0.9.42 is currently the most stable FW for the R7000.  You will not subject your self to additional security vulnerabilites using older FW in this case. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to roll back to an older firmware?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5

@samapatti 

Just out of curiosity, what bandwidth do you subscribe to, and what speeds (up / down) are you seeing.

Message 3 of 5
samapatti
Aspirant

@DarrenM 's Question: Nope, not yet since I also don't remember which one was still working, unfortunately and the security issues, that were present in those, I don't want to risk "rolling back" into really.

To answer the second question by @shadowsports  :
I've got a 200 MBit/s Download and 12 MBit/s Upload by Cable Vodafone here in Germany since they offer the best value for the already - in comparison to other EU countries quite old network infrastructure in general - relative expensive plans here in this country and the throughputs are decent.

I've just turned the QoS off completely yesterday and the reaction time for websites and in Games seems to have significantly improved, even with these - in comparison to possible maximum Gigabit-Speeds - "slow" speeds I get with my plan.

I might just keep it that way and was even giving the possibility of DD-WRT Firmware an eye now since they seem to have developed some decent firmware for the device, too.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback though and hope mine helps with hopefully making better firmware for the next version launch somehow still.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 5

@samapatti 

With your speeds, you do not need QoS.  Seems you have alrady stumbled on this yourself.  Please do not worry about reverting to an earlier version of FW.  1.0.9.42 is currently the most stable FW for the R7000.  You will not subject your self to additional security vulnerabilites using older FW in this case. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7