Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Router Update Question

YevCOM
Aspirant

R7000 Router Update Question

I have a dumb question.  I just realized that I'm few firmware updates behind on my router. Currently my firmware is 1.0.9.88. The reason I'm behind on the updates is my Ginie app is no longer supported (from what I've read) and when loging into routerlogin.net and checking for new updates, it doesn't show any available updates.  However, I see now that on the Netgear website there are at least 3 more updates available with the newest one being 1.0.11.110.  My question is, can I update to this newest update right a way or do I have to install all previous ones first?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Re: R7000 Router Update Question

No need to do incremental updates just do the latest. Be aware that with Netgear's latest firmware releases folks have reported problems. IMHO if working I would leave the router firmware alone. 

Message 2 of 4
YevCOM
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  So far the router has been working fine, execpt for few times it restarted by itself in the last month or so.  Other than that, no other issues.  So, maybe I'll just forget it and leave it as is for now, per your suggestion.

What I can't figure out is how come when checking for new updates through routerlogin.net it doesn't find any new updates and tells me that my router is up to date, even though updates are available for download here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx

Message 3 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Netgear doesn't keep things in step like you would think. The post first on the download site then later on the update site. For what ever reason it can be a period of time between the two. 

IMHO Netgear has gone downhill from the company they used to be. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7