Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 and USB settings

HH1736
Tutor

R7000 and USB settings

Hello, 

I was not able to change the USB storage settings - it always goes back to Basic. I noticed this after the migration of the RCloud account to MyNetGear account. Also, I can't backup my iphone 6s to the external drive, connected to the router.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Router1.JPG

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 21

Accepted Solutions
HH1736
Tutor

The factory reset fixed the problem!

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 21

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @HH1736 

What do you mean by unable to change the USB Storage settings?

Are you saying that you're unable to select other radio buttons such as ReadyCLOUD, ReadySHARE Printer, and ReadySHARE Vault?

The attached USB drive is still detected by the router, right? 

What's the current firmware version installed on your NETGEAR router? 

Did you try to power cycle? 

Message 2 of 21
SqueakyEye
Guide

My R7000 behaves the exact same way. I though it was just me.

Message 3 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Yes, I'm able to select any of the radio butons. When I select ReadyCloud button this page pops out:

RC1.JPG

When I go back to check the setting I get this:

Router1.JPG

Why the setting defaults back to Basic? Is this normal?

Also, before the migration of  the ReadyCloud account to MyNetgear account I was using ReadyCloud app to back up four iphones to the 5TB external drive, connected to the router. And then, using Kwilt app, the whole familly was able to see all the pictures on the drive 31,000+

Unfortunately, this is not posible anymore. The ReadyCloud app detects the router(R7000), but doesn't see the drive.

RCloud.PNG

Message 4 of 21
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It is normal for the radio button to default back to Basic. 

Did you try to unregister your account from the router settings and re-register?

Did you also try to factory reset the router?

Message 5 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Yes, I did unregister/register and factory reset - no luck...

How about the ReadyCloud app not detecting the drive???? I've never had this problem before.

I did install the app on my company phone Samsung Galaxy S7 - the same thing: It detects the router, but doesn't see the drive connected to it. Even I tried different external drive - the same result. So, that eliminates the phones and the drives - what left is: the Ready Cloud app OR the migration from ReadyCloud acc to MyNetgear acc?!

Message 6 of 21
mondenath
Prodigy

Which version is your current firmware

Message 7 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Router3.JPG

Message 8 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Well, after the Netgear email about Security Vulnerability: VU#582384, I got the latest firmware but it did not help me to solve my problems. This is very disturbing news and makes me wonder why Netgear products are not set up for automatic updates? Anyway, I'm still looking for a solution how to back up the pictures from my family's phones and laptops to the external drive connected to R7000. It was working flawlessly until the migration of ReadyCloud account to MyNetgear account.

Message 9 of 21
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I encourage you to submit a case for that. 

Message 10 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Will do.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Hi ElaineM,

I was not able to open to submit a case because I got a message "…No registered products..” under MyNetgear account. What a surprise  – I have a router R7000 and extender EX6200, and they were registered under my Ready Cloud account back in 2014… Now, under MyNetgear account I don’t have anything?

When I tried to re- register my router in Mynetgear account I got this message:

“Invalid serial number   This Serial number has been already registered online”

All of this confirms that the migaration was not successful! 

I sent an email to Netgear support yesterday with all the snapshots(not sure if I'll get any response).My question is : how to delete the Ready Cloud account, or - how to make this work? At this moment - I can't upgrade to MyNetgear (it's alredy done), and at the same time - I don't have any registered devices under my Netgear account and I can't register them because they've been registered already online... What a mess!

RC5.JPGMNG1.JPG

Message 12 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@HH1736 wrote:

I was not able to open to submit a case because I got a message "…No registered products..” under MyNetgear account. What a surprise  – I have a router R7000 and extender EX6200, and they were registered under my Ready Cloud account back in 2014… Now, under MyNetgear account I don’t have anything?

Is it possible that you registered them using a different email address?

Message 13 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Yes, ReadyCloud account was with yahoo email, MyNetgear - with gmail. And I remember why I did that - when I tried to create Mynetgear account with the same credentials(yahoo email) like ReadyCloud, I kept getting a message:"...This email has been already used..."

It must be a way to reset MyNetgear account, so I could register my devices(router and extender) with it?

Let me know what you think, and I'm still waiting for a response from Netgear support.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 21
StephenB
Guru

And you tried mynetgear.com with both the readycloud and yahoo credentials?

Support can handle mynetgear.com problems. but I think they'd rather somehow convert your existing registration account rather than registering again.  Maybe PM one of the Netgear mods and see if they help you sort it.

Message 15 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Yep, I sent an email yesterday to custumer.service@netgear.com and I'm waiting for a reponse.

Message 16 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Apparently, I have two MyNetgear accounts - one with yahoo mail and the other with gmail. Here are some shoots:

When I login with yahoo mail:

MNGcnym.JPGMNGprym.JPG

When I login with gmail:

MNGcngm.JPGMNGprgm.JPG

I could forget about Mynetgear/gmail account but still can't back up the photos on my iphone to the external drive connected to the router.

Message 17 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@HH1736 wrote:

Apparently, I have two MyNetgear accounts - one with yahoo mail and the other with gmail. Here are some shoots:

That would explain the registration issue. You could send a customer care email asking them to delete your gmail account, and then update your yahoo account to use your gmail email address.

Message 18 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Hi StephenB,

Just wonder where I could find some help with RCLOUD app - I haven't received any answer from netgear support about the double registration that I had , nor about the RCLOUD app yet. Unfortunately, the netgear support is famous with "...a lack of support.." for this simple reason: they want you to pay for it! I'm still searching why the app RCLOUD stop working...

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 19 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

Hi ElaineM,

Can you help me with the merging of mynetgear accounts - I have two with different emails?

Thanks!

Message 20 of 21
HH1736
Tutor

The factory reset fixed the problem!

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies