Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 breaks App Store and iTunes Store

Retired_Member
Not applicable

R7000 breaks App Store and iTunes Store

I have 1 PC and 3 MACs connected to the internet via the R7000 (both wired and wireless). All their iTunes and App Store (for those Mac) pages can shown normally until this morning (no SW or HW changes were made).

Starting from this morning, iTunes store pages (via the iTunes app) take very long time to load and can only shown plain HTML pages (appear to be CSS issues). Same for the App Store pages (via the App Store app) on those MACs.

The strange thing is that all of them work normally if they are connected to the internet directly. I've tried to reset the router with default settings but doesn't help. Tried to update the firmware and reset router, again, doesn't help.

Does anyone encounter the same issue? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000 breaks App Store and iTunes Store

Thank you for all your inputs. The problem is now resolved but it is still not clear what is the reason behind.

Here is what I've done (in sequential order)

1) reboot the router several times [same problem]

2) connect an affected laptop to the Internet directly (bypassing the router) [no problem] Repeated for all affected laptop, all are normal.

3) connect the affected laptops back to the router [same problem]

Up to this point, I thought it could be the issue of the router, so I

4) replace the router with one with different brand and model [same problem]

So the router shouldn't be part of the problem. (of course both routers can be faulty at the same time, but very unlikely)

Then I repeat 2) and 3) several times and after around 2 hours, things are back to normal.

I believe it has something to do with the page of itune and app stores (wrong path for their css settings maybe). I've looked for answers from apple community as well and found a few similar cases a few years ago. According to their record, itunes and app store services at my region were normal during that period of time.

Anyway, thank you for all your inputs. Really appreciate that.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

The Apes store uses a lot of bandwidth and suck all the ressources. It is normal, this is due to the synch stuff of apple devices.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

They may have been Updating itunes all at the same time...............doubtful....... because....... I thought you had to ok a update and I would think you would had expected a slower connection if several devices were updating on a inadequate ISP download package. I did see a itune update on my Desktop Sunday am. when I first read this post.

I've updated several at same time and never experienced a problem using R7000

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for all your inputs. The problem is now resolved but it is still not clear what is the reason behind.

Here is what I've done (in sequential order)

1) reboot the router several times [same problem]

2) connect an affected laptop to the Internet directly (bypassing the router) [no problem] Repeated for all affected laptop, all are normal.

3) connect the affected laptops back to the router [same problem]

Up to this point, I thought it could be the issue of the router, so I

4) replace the router with one with different brand and model [same problem]

So the router shouldn't be part of the problem. (of course both routers can be faulty at the same time, but very unlikely)

Then I repeat 2) and 3) several times and after around 2 hours, things are back to normal.

I believe it has something to do with the page of itune and app stores (wrong path for their css settings maybe). I've looked for answers from apple community as well and found a few similar cases a few years ago. According to their record, itunes and app store services at my region were normal during that period of time.

Anyway, thank you for all your inputs. Really appreciate that.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7