Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 bridging with Mobile Hotspot Device

BlackStingray
Follower

R7000 bridging with Mobile Hotspot Device

Good Day to All, 

I just purchased my Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (model R7000-100NAS) today from Walmart. It is my understanding that this router has wireless ethernet bridge capabilities. I do not have ISP (ie. xfinity, FIOS, RCN) at resident but I do have a dedicated mobile hotspot. I want to bridge my hotspot with my router so that I can go out to the internet. I am looking for a similar setup like one would use when setting up a router to a dedicated ISP modem. All of the help and suggestions, I will very deeply appriecate... Thanks in advance...

Ray...

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
panzastor
Aspirant

I was able to extend my hotspot with a network range repeater, and connect an RJ45 from that extender to the Nighthawk. 

My nighthawk now connects using my hotspot!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @BlackStingray

If the R7000 is set on bridge, take note that you can only use the LAN ports of the router to connect your computers. The wireless side of the router will no longer function since it will be dedicated to connect wirelessly to your mobile hotspot. 

And if you're fine with that then you may see the instructions below on how to set it up as a bridge. 

What is bridge mode and how do I set it up on my NETGEAR router?

Message 2 of 4
panzastor
Aspirant

I was able to extend my hotspot with a network range repeater, and connect an RJ45 from that extender to the Nighthawk. 

My nighthawk now connects using my hotspot!

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements