Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 buffering

Switch5439
Aspirant

R7000 buffering

Trying to get router to work with IPTV, I use an Android device with the Kodi platform with the Lollipop software on 2 boxes and the Krypton on a third. My problem is I keep getting buffering on IPTV as well as on streaming movies over the Kodi boxes. The Netflix account I have added to those devices seems to work fine since I turned on QoS on the router, I have tried disabling IGMP proxing in WAN but it does not seem to help, my internet speed averages 100 to 125 MBS and I am streaming on 5G, my firmware version is V1.0.7.6_1.1.99 . I am running windows 7 professional 64 bit, really like the IPTV but just hate the buffering, does anyone have any ideas???

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
xealo
Aspirant

OP, try rolling back to the previous 1.0.7.2 drivers to see if that fixes your problem. I had so many issues with 1.0.7.6 in regards to WIFI performance that I had to find out via roll back. Sure enough, buffering and disconnect issues went away. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9

All Replies
OmarDeen
Aspirant

Connect using a Ethernet cable should solve your problem

Message 2 of 9
xealo
Aspirant

OP, try rolling back to the previous 1.0.7.2 drivers to see if that fixes your problem. I had so many issues with 1.0.7.6 in regards to WIFI performance that I had to find out via roll back. Sure enough, buffering and disconnect issues went away. 

Message 3 of 9
Switch5439
Aspirant

Thanks but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a wifi router when I could have just bought a switch

Message 4 of 9
Switch5439
Aspirant

Thanks I will try that, tried turning off WMM on both 2.4 and 5 G and that seems to help some but I will try the firmware roll back you suggested. Once I download that new firmware do I need to turn on QoS like I have on this version and disable WMM on both 2.4 and 5 G ?

Message 5 of 9
Switch5439
Aspirant

Rolled back the firmware version and also turned off the smart connect feature and that seemed to solve the problem on most channels, there are like 520 to try, but I am really satisfied with the result so far. Thanks so much for the help

Message 6 of 9
OmarDeen
Aspirant

How are you getting so many channels most Simple Client pvr link I use never connects or is very unreliable. Perhaps I am doing something different in KODI. Would like to know your set up. I can then test my WIFI

Message 7 of 9
Switch5439
Aspirant

Hello Omar,

I am usuing an addon called USAIPTV, the number of channels vary but usually 490-520 , it normally costs $10.00 a month but the distributribtor of my kodi box has provided to me at $7.00 for his customers only. This is in addition to the hundreds of movies and sporting events kodi already recieves. I just wanted these extra channels because they came with a PVR guide with times and descriptions of the shows. The platform is pretty stable on most channels, I will tell you its geared more toward sporting events and those come in GREAT. He also puts up You tube videos showing you how to get other addons like Mobdro, hd movie box, a buffer reducer, etc.......  Look him up on facebook at droidstreamtv, he is great with the customer service also

Todd

Message 8 of 9
OmarDeen
Aspirant

Thanks Todd ! I will check it out

Omar
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation