Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 bugs Firmware 1.0.11.126

Bl1985
Guide

R7000 bugs Firmware 1.0.11.126

Version 1.0.11.126 have 4 known bugs:

1. NTP Settings wrong view of the time zone, but right time when set up a different ntp server.

2. Problem when try to open the approved devices on the usb setting page. The routers GUI hangs up. Only restart of router helps.

3. it is not possible to turn off the routers pin on wps settings.

4. under e-mail settings when set up 6:00 o’clock then the mail is sent at 7:00 o’clock.

Some bugs are since older firmware versions, #2 is new!

Who are having the same problems with this firmware?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Bill-D
Apprentice

Re: R7000 bugs Firmware 1.0.11.126

Thanks for the good summary.  I'm on '123 and have lived with with work-arounds for Bugs 1,3 & 4 for the last couple versions.  I don't use USB devices in it, so Bug 2 shouldn't be an issue - I'll avoid clicking on it.

I may try '126 for the security improvements, however my bad experiences in the past with R7000 updates make me nervous.

I'm curious if you simply applied the '126 update over '123 or if you went through the painful procedure of erase, update & manually re-enter all your config info (this was what I had to do to recover from several bad previous R7000 updates).

I was surprised to see the "update available" alert on the config page.  There have not been any update alerts for a good while.

I just added a Netgear WAC104 wireless access point at the far end of my house and I was just now celebrating getting it all working solid, when this alert popped up throwing cold water on my celebration by reminding me of bad past R7000 experiences.  

Message 2 of 4
jmfish
Aspirant

Having issues with firmware V1.0.11.126. on my R7000. Shows 13 attached devices on home page but when I click on it, only shows 4-6 devices. All 13 devices show in access control and are all allowed network access. This is through Chrome and the app in iphone. 

@Bl1985 wrote:

Version 1.0.11.126 have 4 known bugs:

1. NTP Settings wrong view of the time zone, but right time when set up a different ntp server.

2. Problem when try to open the approved devices on the usb setting page. The routers GUI hangs up. Only restart of router helps.

3. it is not possible to turn off the routers pin on wps settings.

4. under e-mail settings when set up 6:00 o’clock then the mail is sent at 7:00 o’clock.

Some bugs are since older firmware versions, #2 is new!

Who are having the same problems with this firmware?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4
JWS9518
Apprentice

Although it is not as bad as previous firmwares, I still have the occasional lost internet connection, usually one time every couple days.  Sometimes the network comes back after a couple minutes and sometimes I have to click fix on the genie, which ends up doing a soft reboot. 

It is not as bad as previous firmwares, where it was daily or multiple times a day.  Maybe .42 is more stable, but this firmware, at least for me has gotten closer to where it needs to be.  I still think the router gets overloaded by devices which makes it lose its internet, but that is only a theory.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7