Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 connectivity with HP wired laser jet

Gupster
Aspirant

R7000 connectivity with HP wired laser jet

I've been using a HP Laserjet M553 for a few months connected via lan cable to the R7000 and it's been fine. But recently (last few weeks or so) it's lost connectivity. First time I was able to get it to come back by powercycling the HP and assumed it was that but now it wont connect at all and I've power cycled both the printer and the router.

If I connect the printer to the router on the ADSL it connects and gets an IP instantly, so it doesn't seem like it's the cable or the printer (although I will try a new cable to be sure).

I have tried it in different ports on the R7000 but it doesnt seem to be any different.

Any suggestions?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Gupster
Aspirant

I think i've found the issue, it looks like the cable was faulty as I've changed it and it appears to work with a new cable.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gupster,

1. Update the firmware of the router

2. Reset the router after the update.

3. Manually reconfigure the router.

Message 2 of 8
Gupster
Aspirant

It's already running the latest version. Are you suggesting doing a factory reset?
Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gupster,,

Yes, try the reset and manually reconfigure the device.

Message 4 of 8
Gupster
Aspirant

I'll give it a go and report back. Seems a little extreme to fix a hard wired lan device to work with the router. 

Message 5 of 8
Gupster
Aspirant

still nothing. resetup from new and the printer while initially lighing the lan port still hasnt got an IP and now the light only comes on and off. I guess it's something to do with it's power saving mode. I wonder if something changed in a recent firmware update.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Does this problem occur if you connect a computer or laptop to one of R7000's LAN ports?

Check the logs on the R7000 and, if available, HP for any clues.
Message 7 of 8
Gupster
Aspirant

I think i've found the issue, it looks like the cable was faulty as I've changed it and it appears to work with a new cable.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7