Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 download speeds lower than modem

TheNodnarb
Follower

R7000 download speeds lower than modem

Hi all. I've ran into some tricky problems with my router. Initally, the router's download and upload speed was lower than my modem, but it's all kinda spiraling downhill at the moment

Download: 0.12 Mbps

Upload: 0.00 ups (i'm not kidding, it looked like it flatlined hard) 

The weird thing is I can still watch high quality videos on Youtube, but I can't download or do anything else. Pages sometimes takes a bit to load. 

I did end up factory resetting my router but that seems to cause a further decrease in both of my speeds. I don't know if it's because the router might not be properly configured or if some trickery is afoot. The router also goes in a cycle of the internet not being connected and then being connected. 

QoS, Traffic Meter, and Shield are all disabled, as I've been browsing a bunch of other forums and tried these solutions out, so far nothing as worked out. 

Would appreciate all the help I can get. 

Edit: I've ended up getting all my DNS address and IP address from ISP, but I'm stuck at 9mbps (for both download and upload) now. I guess it's better than what I had before but I don't know what to do at this point. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 download speeds lower than modem

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7