Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 fails to update GUI Language version

mcloaked
Tutor

R7000 fails to update GUI Language version

I have just updated my R7000 to new firmware using the firmware update facility on the embedded web interface to version V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 and that worked fine.  After the router restarted I checked for new firmware again and it listed "There is a new GUI text file available:
Current Version 1.0.6.28_2.1.38.1
New GUI Language Version 1.0.6.28_2.1.38.2
Do you want to download and use this new GUI text file?"

I clicked "yes" and the download bar showed progress for the required waiting for a minute. However at the end of that minute it appears that no GUI language text was updated and on checking again the same update to a new version was displayed.  Rebooting the router makes no difference, and switching off the Arla facility also makes no difference. 

How can I get this update to proceed?  

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback. Glad it works now.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 18

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Download the Zip file from support extract it and then reload it.

Message 2 of 18
mcloaked
Tutor

Thanks for the reply - can you point me to a link to get the zip file?  Also is the zip file for the same firmware as well as the gui language update or just the gui language update?

Message 3 of 18
randomnut1
Apprentice

I'm also getting this. Tried also updating by downloading the firmware zip file and it also coninually says there is an updated language file available but fails to update.

Message 4 of 18
mtg1974
Initiate

I assumed that you meant the firmware update zip file. I downloaded it and upgraded my router but there is still a language update.

Message 5 of 18
thelemonkid
Luminary

Same issue!!!

Message 6 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When NG released the update, the automatic update process was hosed, my guess from being overloaded with update request, SO I downloaded from support and manually updated without a problem.

I would revert to a earlier version and try again. If the automatic is slow again, download from support. extract and manually update. Make no mistake these last several updates require a factory default so get over it.

Message 7 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Seems to be a repeatable bug. Not sure it would matter at all if the 'new' GUI update worked.

Message 8 of 18
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Mine works fine after the update to the latest version. Please try the suggestion of Searay in updating or loading the firmware manually.

Message 9 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The manual update did not fix the issue. Checking for update still shows GUI language update available. Just a nit, as there doesnt seem to be any problems other that that message.

Message 10 of 18
edgrsanchez
Guide

Same issue here. 

Message 11 of 18
Placebo
Aspirant

Ditto here. 

I upgraded using the manual method with the zip file from the Netgear website, and did a reset after upgrading. However the router still shows a GUI language update

Message 12 of 18
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Can you provide screenshot of the GUI language update? 

What web broswer did you use to access the UI?

Message 13 of 18
Placebo
Aspirant

Hi, after seeing your question I decided to try another web browser and have now performed the GUI language update successfully.

Originally I was using Chrome, but then I switched to Safari. So my advice would be to try another web browser and report back.

Message 14 of 18
mtg1974
Initiate

I've been useing Chrome (47.0.2526.106 m). I performed the upgrade last night and it worked without doing anything special. I'm guessing that Netgear fixed something.

Message 15 of 18
HarmVeenstra
Aspirant

Same here, failed before the last few days and it does work now. Updates, reboots and doesn't say it has the same update again

Message 16 of 18
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback. Glad it works now.

Message 17 of 18
mcloaked
Tutor

I had always been using Chrome x86_64 in linux, fully updated.  I have just tried again and it works fine - so it does indeed look as if there was some internal file error at the netgear website from where the update is provided. It would be interesting to know what the problem was and what change was made on the Netgear servers to fix the bug?  Either way this issue is now resolved.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7