Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 firmware update issue

LowellBen
Aspirant

R7000 firmware update issue

I've got an R7000 with the auto firmware update enabled. Router is running firmware version V1.0.11.100...

Netgear support says that the latest firmware is V1.0.11.136.... So first off the auto update feature is not working. I went to the Router Update page and selected the Check button. All that showed up was a GUI language file. I went ahead and tried to update that but got a load error. I located the manual update procedures, downloaded the 136 zip file and extracted the .chk file. I pointed the Router Update page to that file and started the upload. Progress bar and spinning box show up. After about a minute and a half the progress bar had filled, but the spinning box continued with the firmware update in progress still indicated. 30 minutes later the update was still in progress. Thought I had probably bricked the router, but it was still operating with the old firmware version.

So anyone have any insight as to what was going on? I'm afraid to try the process again figuring I might truly brick the router on the second attempt. Any ideas on a path forward?

Thanks,
Lowell

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 firmware update issue

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or Firefox. 

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches prior to entering the routers web page. 
Might try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the router disconnected from the ISP modem. Then load the .chk FW file to the router using the manual tab on the FW update menu section. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or Firefox. 

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches prior to entering the routers web page. 
Might try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the router disconnected from the ISP modem. Then load the .chk FW file to the router using the manual tab on the FW update menu section. 

Message 2 of 4
LowellBen
Aspirant

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thought the system would send me an email when there was a response.

I'm running Opera as the browser.

And you were EXACTLY correct. I switched to MS Edge and the router loaded the 136 firmware with no issue.

Thanks ever so much for the help!!!

Lowell

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7