Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 hardware revisions?

Amplificator
Aspirant

R7000 hardware revisions?

Hi.

What hardware revisions exist for the R7000?

I'm wondering if there are v2 and v3 etc. or if there's only the v1.

The model number I'm thinking of purchasing is the R7000-100PES - does that give an indication of version number?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 hardware revisions?

Only v1. 

100PES is a regional marketing thing I believe. 

Message 2 of 8
Amplificator
Aspirant

Is it then safe to assume that 3rd party firmwares are still working for R7000 units bought today?

Like FreshTomato and DD-WRT specifically. I know I can just ask in their respective forums, but perhaps you or anyone else know the answer 🙂

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Best places would be there 3rd party forums for sure. I presume they would be active and support help would be seen there. 

Message 4 of 8
Amplificator
Aspirant

I'll await a response on this forum for a few more days and then create a thread on the other forums if needed, thanks 🙂

But as there's only the one revision of the R7000 I assume they work just fine. Both projects have a page where the R7000 is listed as supported with no mention of version - so I assume that's because there's only the single revision and it's still supported.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll find more experienced users on there forums as those users would be working with that FW more often than users here in the NG fourm since these forum only focus on stock NG FW. 

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

@FURRYe38 is correct. You'll find better advice on the forum's firmware that you're wanting to use. This is for the stock firmware.

whenever we get issues with someone on 3rd party firmware, they're refered to that site

Message 7 of 8

@Amplificator wrote:

What hardware revisions exist for the R7000?

The R7000P came after the R7000. Similar specs but the big difference is in the chipset. The details are buried somewhere around here in discussions after the launch.

@Amplificator wrote:

The model number I'm thinking of purchasing is the R7000-100PES - does that give an indication of version number?

As others have explained, the letters at the end are regional 100 does show the hardware variant (200 = V2) while "PES" is for the local market. For example, NAS is North America.  

The R7000 dates from 2014, The R7000P is from 2017.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7