Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 not being able to see my other computers

AlpineKid66
Guide

R7000 not being able to see my other computers

Having a problem and need some help.

With the old netgear router, WNR2000v3, I could see & send or receive files from any of the computers in the house. These being Gigabyte, Lenovo, Pavilion.

We are guardians to four(4) grandkids and they need the computers & printers for school. So, I hope that someone can let me know how to fix this communication problem that I am having.

My main computer is Gigabyte, which is a desktop. In File Explorer > Network is the list of computers, Gigabyte, Lenovo & Readyshare. When I click on Lenovo or Readyshare I can see what is on them. What I cannot see is the Pavilion.

On the Lenovo, File Explorer > Network, is the list of computers, Gigabyte, Lenovo & Readyshare. I cannot see the Pavilion.

When I login to Routerlogin.net > Attached Devices, the Pavilion & Lenovo are in the 2.4G Wireless Devices list. 

On the Pavilion, I can see the other computers, Gigabyte, Lenovo, Pavilion & Readyshare, and can click on each, then read the directories.

The question is, what am I doing wrong??

Is the router causing this?

How do I solve this?

All computers have been upgraded to Windows10 from older versions.

Gigabyte.JPGLenovo.JPGPavilion-Network.JPG

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
AlpineKid66
Guide

Re: R7000 not being able to see my other computers

Thank you for the idea, but that was not the problem.

I just has to keep looking and fixing different things to get each computer to work. I did so many different things that I cannot remember them all.

Right now it looks like I have everything working ok.

If you can put this in the solved catagory, that would be good.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The computers may need the firewall rules or sharing properties changed and or home selected for connection type. I doubt the router is at fault.

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Check your Windows Credentials on each PC in the Control Panel Credential Manager. You might need one for each machine to have access.

Of course you should also check and confirm all NETWORK settings are correct as well in the NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.

Lastly, confirm ALL are on the SAME NETWORK NAME. They should be. From a COMMAND PROMPT enter NET CONFIG WORKSTATION and check the WORKSTATION DOMAIN on each PC to verify.

Message 3 of 4
AlpineKid66
Guide

Thank you for the idea, but that was not the problem.

I just has to keep looking and fixing different things to get each computer to work. I did so many different things that I cannot remember them all.

Right now it looks like I have everything working ok.

If you can put this in the solved catagory, that would be good.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7