Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 not connecting to Xbox one

errolnorm
Aspirant

R7000 not connecting to Xbox one

After resetting my router password, I am no longer able to login to my Xbox one
Message 1 of 4

Your subject says "R7000 not connecting to Xbox one". You  might do better to think of it the other way round "Xbox one not connecting to R7000".

Is this a wired connection? Wifi?

@errolnorm wrote:
After resetting my router password, I am no longer able to login to my Xbox one

Which password is that? What happens when you try?

Message 2 of 4
errolnorm
Aspirant

Hello

Thanks for the response. It’s a wireless connection. The password in question is on my Netgear R7000 router. I’ve tried resetting the router, Xbox one. No luck.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4

@errolnorm wrote:
Hello

The password in question is on my Netgear R7000 router.

Unfortunately, that still leaves a question. Which password?

Netgear makes life interesting by having all manner of passwords. There is the one into the router's controls, then there are those to get into the router's wifi, and then there any that you use to get into this Community and/or MyNetgear.

If you changed the password for the router's graphical user interface (GUI), the wifi password remains the same as it was until you change that.

You didn't answer the other question. What happens when you try to access things with the Xbox? I assume that there is some login process that you have to go through. What messages do you see when you try it?

One trick that can work for other mobile devices is to tell the client, your Xbox, to forget the previous connection to your router and then to reestablish the link.

As usual, if you want help you need to tell people what you are doing and where it goes wrong. There can be many reasons why "it won't work" so saying that is little use.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7