Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 original firmware

HMoody
Aspirant

R7000 original firmware

Hello,

I upgraded my firmware to version v1.0.5.64_1.1.88 a week ago but both WIFI bands kept dropping on all my devices from laptop, tablet, to phones. I then upgraded it to v1.0.5.70_1.1.91 and did a factory reset.  The router is now having intermediate problems connecting to the internet  - I can see from the status page on each refresh.  Does anyone know what the original firmware was that was shipped from the factory?  I bought my router at a Staples in Toronto, Canada in November 2015.  I paid a lot of money for this router and I just like it to work... nothing fancy but just work like when I took it out of the box.   Thank-you in advance for your reply and recommendations.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
HMoody
Aspirant

My friend told me his factory firmware was V1.0.4.30_1.1.67, same as what Inkster said about a stable version.  I downgraded from V1.0.5.70 and all my devices (included my ethernet attached) computer are running at full speed just like it was  when I took the router out of the box.  I am quite happy now, and thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I am going to stick with this version until my next hardware upgrade.

Think about it everyone... the factory version was probably the most stable otherwise you would have returned the router within 15 days.  

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

You can from the download support page for the R7000 (http://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx#download) get any released Firmware, but depending when built (not always the same as stock in a store) the version will vary.

If you DID NOT manually re-enter your settings you could have a problem, even after reset.

Don't know what you are seeing from the Status page? Do you mean the Advanced Tab, Advanced Home, Internet Port, Show Statistics? If so, which one is showing you the disconnects? Wireless signals or WAN port?

What I'd do is POWER OFF both the modem and router, but before doing that, RESET the router again. Then POWER UP the modem and wait for it to fully come up, then do the same for the Router. Do this with the PC's and devices off, and once the router is up, power those up. Then using a WIRED PC, re-enter manually all your settings. Hopefully this will fix it?

Message 2 of 13
HMoody
Aspirant

Thanks IRVSP.

After the factory reset, I did enter my settings and not restore from backup.  I see the disconnect from the Basic tab and also in the logs in Advance. 

I also did turn my modem and router off and waited 1-2 mins for the power to drain to no avail.

I am aware of the download section but don't know which firmware to use.  If you or anyone know of a staple firmware please let me know.

Message 3 of 13
TheEther
Guru

The most stable firmware prior to 1.0.5.x is 1.0.4.30, followed by 1.0.4.28.  Some people experience issues with 5 GHz on 1.0.4.30.  Regardless of which version of 1.0.4.x you downgrade to, you MUST perform a factory reset after installation.  The configuration settings are incompatible with 1.0.5.x.

Message 4 of 13
IrvSp
Master

Do you mean on the basic, Home tab the Internet Access shows Disconnected?

Or do you mean the log like this:

[Time synchronized with NTP server] Friday, Jun 17,2016 09:22:57
[Internet connected] IP address: 184.88.9.110, Friday, Jun 17,2016 09:22:56

That is normal, some F/W versions show DISCONNECTED immediately before this, doesn't mean much or effect use.

I'm on V1.0.5.70 and it IS stable for me.

Message 5 of 13
VE6CGX
Master

Time to try 3rd party firmware? How about Xvortex?

Message 6 of 13
Inkster
Aspirant

I also upgraded my firmware to version v1.0.5.64_1.1.88 about 2 weeks ago and both WIFI bands keeps dropping the internet connection, more than my previous firmware to all my devices from laptops, tablets, to phones. I did a factory reset, manual config and power cycle. The router is now having more intermediate problems connecting to the internet like yours HMoody and it is very frustrating especially when I`m streaming TV or online movies.

Does the new firmware v1.0.5.70_1.1.91 help to rectify the problems which I and other owners of the R7000 are having or should I go back to the old firmwre R7000-_V1.0.3.80-1.1.38 that the router came with or try 1.0.4.28, followed by 1.0.4.30. I am lost on what to do because I want to be up to date and stable with my router firmware.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Message 7 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm on V1.0.5.70 and it IS stable for me too.

Message 8 of 13
HMoody
Aspirant

I wonder why the new firmware works for some but not others?   

I should have known better not to upgrade from factory,  it never works for me...

Now, I can't even ask NetGear for help without paying them $70 for support when all I wanted to know was the version of firmware my router came with when I bought it.  Why is that so dificult to get?

I have a friend who bought the same router a few weeks ago on my recommendation and he is happy with the factory firmware.  I will post that version when I hear from him.  

I should have spend a little more on an Asus, the review on CNet was misleading for the NightHawk!!

Message 9 of 13
HMoody
Aspirant

Thanks, I will give it a try if I can't find out my original factory version.
Message 10 of 13
VE6CGX
Master

Try this. reset the router with reset button and flash with new f/w, then reset again and reconfigure the router as if you just took it out of box.

Message 11 of 13
HMoody
Aspirant

My friend told me his factory firmware was V1.0.4.30_1.1.67, same as what Inkster said about a stable version.  I downgraded from V1.0.5.70 and all my devices (included my ethernet attached) computer are running at full speed just like it was  when I took the router out of the box.  I am quite happy now, and thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I am going to stick with this version until my next hardware upgrade.

Think about it everyone... the factory version was probably the most stable otherwise you would have returned the router within 15 days.  

Message 12 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

depending on when the router was made, would determine which FW version it shipped with.

To date 15 Plus versions have been released.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7