Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - "FAILED TO GET FIRMWARE VERSION INFORMATION"

bioya1
Aspirant

R7000 - "FAILED TO GET FIRMWARE VERSION INFORMATION"

Hello - 

I want to manually update the firmware; when I do it appears to be thinking about it and then I get this message:

"FAILED TO GET FIRMWARE VERSION INFORMATION" and it ends. What is the issue?

Also, do you know if there is a router out there that will auto-update these firmware changes?

Manyh thank!

Bob Glover

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 - "FAILED TO GET FIRMWARE VERSION INFORMATION"

@bioya1 wrote:

I want to manually update the firmware; when I do it appears to be thinking about it and then I get this message:

I assume that you are following the instructions for manual updates in the manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

At what stage did you get this message? What are you doing when it happens?

@bioya1 wrote:

Also, do you know if there is a router out there that will auto-update these firmware changes?

Most newer routers do this. Possibly even the latest firmware for the R7000.

Experienced users turn off this feature on the grounds that it can wreck their routers by removing their control.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@bioya1 wrote:

I assume that you are following the instructions for manual updates in the manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

At what stage did you get this message? What are you doing when it happens?

@bioya1 wrote:

Most newer routers do this. Possibly even the latest firmware for the R7000.

Experienced users turn off this feature on the grounds that it can wreck their routers by removing their control.

Message 2 of 3
bioya1
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. It was a simple operation, just click on the UPDATE inside the router and the search begins. I was expecting something like "You are on the current version already" or it would start the install process (whichever is correct). Getting the msg I saw made no sense in either case. I've done this before w/ no issues. Anyway, I am on the latest version 1.0.9.88 so all is good.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7