Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 reset issues

Staudie
Aspirant

R7000 reset issues

Long story but here we go.... This morning I wanted to test out the lastest beta firmware on my R7000. I disconnected all my wired connect except the one I would be using to communcate with the router. then I logged in and hit the "reset to factory settings" button. After a reboot I wasnt able to connect to the router on "192.168.1.1" or "www.routerlogin.com". I double check my IP (fine 192.168.1.2) even reboot my computer only to find the same issue. The computer says it connected but I could not get to the internet nor the router. So I grabbed my phone and did a quick WIFI scan. I see the routers default WIFI networks (channel 1) and my unique guest 2.4 network listed (channel 6). Huh? why would my guest network be listed after a factory reset? So I log on to the WIFI through my phone and the Netgear Genie app to check out the router. According to the app my guest network is off so I turn it on and do a scan. Now I have 4 WIFI networks showing.... default SSID for 2.4g, 5g, 2.4 guest (channel 1), and my uniqe 2.4 guest SSID it still showing (channel 6). So I connect to it... I can still use the Netgear Genie app but no internet. Ok this is nuts so I preform a 30-30-30 reset.... The only that has change is now my wired computer can connect to the internet but still can not connect to the router. 

Im out of ideas on what to do next the only ones I can come up with invole a sledge hammer.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Staudie
Aspirant

Yes everything is working fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
NightOwl326
Luminary

Go back to prior firmware and call it a day.

Message 2 of 8
Staudie
Aspirant

I never upgraded the firmware.. I can not log into the router. I did a second 30-30-30 and still messed up. I have discovered that I can log into the router through WIFI. Strage that WIFI works but wired doesnt.

Grabbed my laptop... When connected through WIFI I can log into the router without issues. When I turn off the WIFI and connect with a wire I cannot log into the router.

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Staudie,

If you connect your laptop wired to the router, can you access the admin page?

Do you happen to have a kaspersky antivirus? If yes, you may need to check this article.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30012/~/unable-to-access-r8500-with-kaspersky-installe...

Message 4 of 8
Staudie
Aspirant

Hey James thanks for the replay. I thought it might be my anti virus so I turned it off and the problem did not go away. Ive had issues like this before where WIFI computers could not see wired computers. Namely my laptop could not see or access my NAS. I was how ever able to access the router with my laptop and WIFI. Against better judgement I updated the fireware over WIFI. Even after the update my old guest network was showing and I could access the router while connected to the guest WIFI but not the internet. Eventualy
(several router and computer resets) everything cleared up and went back to normal.

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Staudie,

Just to verify that everything is working now and you can now access the UI?

Message 6 of 8
Staudie
Aspirant

Yes everything is working fine now.

Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Staudie,

Thank you for confirming. Feel free to provide update if you have any other concerns or observation with your router.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7