Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 stopped accepting wifi connections.(V1.0.11.126)?

BurnsCrack
Follower

R7000 stopped accepting wifi connections.(V1.0.11.126)?

The router is setup with one wired PC, and wifi just for the guest acct (cell phones, laptops). The non-guest wifi SSID broadcast is disabled, but both the 2.4 and 5G wireless guest bands are fully enabled and use the same wifi password and the automatic/smart band select is on. It all worked fine for a month but then the wifi stopped allowing any device to join the network. The SSID is still being broadcast for both guest bands but attempts to join are refused, even for devices that previously worked. Power cycling does not fix it. The wireless light is on.

I did an ERASE from the GUI (I assume this does the same as Hard Reset button) and setup the router again, but I still get a message like, "you cannot join the network at this time". If I mistype the wifi password I get a bad password message instead, so the problem isn't the password. I also tried reinstalling the same V1.0.11.126 FW, but it didn't help. The next step will be to revert to the older FW.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7000 stopped accepting wifi connections.(V1.0.11.126)?

@BurnsCrack wrote:

.... I still get a message like, "you cannot join the network at this time".

Which devices are we talking about here? Where do you see these messages?

Have you tried to get these wifi clients to "forget" the wifi connection and then join it again?

Wifi is a two-way process, source and client. It helps to look at both sides.

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7