Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 wifi is not working correctly?

SolitaryWolf
Aspirant

R7000 wifi is not working correctly?

Hello,

Recently I have changing my router's firmware from Tomato to the original netgera firmware since I did not need that Tomato stuff.  I beleive I have done so correctly since I followed a video showing me so one-for-one.  I did get the original firmware back with Netgear Genie being compatable with it.  However, the wifi is a problem, along with the LAN connection.  The wifi 5g and 2g networks show up correctly as an acess points, and I can easily get onto them, but they can not browse the internet at all!  It simply loads a page forever, same thing for mobile applications!  

I've done factory resets two times, turned it off and unplugged it, but it's still the same thing.  The Wifi shows up correctly with the correct information, but still it does not want to browse the internet corretly.  There is also a NETGEAR80-arlo thing that came on, I'm curious as to what that is and how to disable it?  thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
SolitaryWolf
Aspirant

For some reason I simply reset the router, hard reset and start from scratch but still has the newer firware (1.0.6.28). Oh well, it works either way. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Sounds like you are running 1.0.6.28.  Netgear pulled it due to bugs.  Downgrade to 1.0.4.30 and wait until Netgear issues new firmware (ETA 1 week).

Message 2 of 8
SolitaryWolf
Aspirant

For some reason I simply reset the router, hard reset and start from scratch but still has the newer firware (1.0.6.28). Oh well, it works either way. 

Message 3 of 8
rpoffen
Virtuoso

I think most people would have their 1.0.6.28 problems solved by a hard reset to factory default and re-configure, but some either did not realize that a hard reset was significantly more than a simple reboot or power cycle so never really did perform a hard reset, or are taking the hard line that manually re-configuring after the hard reset was unacceptable and refused to take that route.

As long as it is working for you, that is great.

Note that a hard reset ONLY erases the settings. It does not reset your firmware version. Once you install a firmware version, that is the version the router will have from that point on. This is another source of misunderstanding.

If you haven't done so already, and don't need it, you should probably turn off the Arlo support. That is another gripe, this should have been off by default.

Message 4 of 8
SolitaryWolf
Aspirant

Yeah I got rid of the arlo thing.  So I should be fine for now, thanks anyways though. 

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How accurate is the "ETA 1 week" ? I had to roll back to 1.0.4.30 but find I'm getting mediocre performance from 2.4Ghz and Lan-To-Lan file transfer. 

And yes, I reset the router and aplied default setting etc after 1.0.4.30 

I had high hopes for the R7000 but if this is the Q/A that comes out of Netgear regarding firmware, I'm ready to dump it and go for another brand.

Message 6 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi MikePoullas,

If you are interested to try the beta firmware you may check the link below. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/any-new-info-or-update-to-new-firmware/td-p/...

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks but I sold my R7000. as a remote worker I need my router to WORK. I have no time to play around with Beta's.

Going back to an Apple Airport Extreme that while it doesnt have all the "flashy features" actually works..Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7