Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P Nighthawk

R53G
Aspirant

R7000P Nighthawk

My MacBook Air shows connected to WiFi but will not connect to internet. It worked fine till about two weeks ago. iPhones, Dell computer, Sony TV, still connect to the internet through the nighthawk. Have tried the MacBook Air with other WiFi systems, works fine. Tried it on a different model Netgear router, did the same thing. Showed connected to WiFi, but will not connect to the internet.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: R7000P Nighthawk

@R53G wrote:
My MacBook Air shows connected to WiFi but will not connect to internet. It worked fine till about two weeks ago.

Was anything changed 2 weeks ago? F/W undate maybe? Network LAN IP Address changed?

@R53G wrote:
Have tried the MacBook Air with other WiFi systems, works fine.

Like what one? Had it worked there before even?

@R53G wrote:
Tried it on a different model Netgear router, did the same thing. Showed connected to WiFi, but will not connect to the internet.

This sort of indicates to me that the problem is NOT in/on the router... 2 doing the same thing and not allowing the PC to connect in your home? One that was not in your home did connect?

Could your security suite be stopping you? Doesn't 'trust' your network?

When connected to Wifi, can you log into the router? Can you PING the router? What do you get when you PING www.cnn.com?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

@R53G wrote:
My MacBook Air shows connected to WiFi but will not connect to internet. It worked fine till about two weeks ago.

Was anything changed 2 weeks ago? F/W undate maybe? Network LAN IP Address changed?

@R53G wrote:
Have tried the MacBook Air with other WiFi systems, works fine.

Like what one? Had it worked there before even?

@R53G wrote:
Tried it on a different model Netgear router, did the same thing. Showed connected to WiFi, but will not connect to the internet.

This sort of indicates to me that the problem is NOT in/on the router... 2 doing the same thing and not allowing the PC to connect in your home? One that was not in your home did connect?

Could your security suite be stopping you? Doesn't 'trust' your network?

When connected to Wifi, can you log into the router? Can you PING the router? What do you get when you PING www.cnn.com?

Message 2 of 3
R53G
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, issue has been resolved. Went to network preferences and deleted Wi-Fi from the network options. Restarted the computer and added Wi-Fi back to network. Successful connected to the int
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7