Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P not working after reset to default settings

BeebeYourself
Aspirant

R7000P not working after reset to default settings

Earlier today I reset my r7000p router to default/factory settings using the browser control panel. Now it turns on fine, all lights are normal, and both bands are broadcasting, but when I connect to either, it shows up as unidintified network, no internet connection. The status of the adapter shows "no network access" under both ipv4 and ipv6 connectivity. This us the case for wireless connection and wired connection.
I've ruled out antivirus/firewall interference, I've reset tcp/ip stack, I've flushed dns, I've reset computer, I've reset the router in various ways. The router connects through a cable modem and I've reset the modem as well. I verified Internet connection using the modem. I also tried factory resets with and without the modem connected. No luck. Please help.
Keep in mind that I can't access the routerlogin.net page because there's no network access/no ip address, even though I'm connected.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
BeebeYourself
Aspirant

Re: R7000P not working after reset to default settings

I never really figured out exactly what the problem was, but I did end up fixing it! I used an great freeware tool called "Complete Internet Repair." It basically fixes and resets everything there is in one go and also includes a lot of other good options. Here's the download link in case anyone else faces a similar issue: 

https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!

View solution in original post

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
BeebeYourself
Aspirant

Update: I was able to connect and configure the router with another computer. Now everything is working except for my computer. I still get the same messages. When I try to execute ipconfig /renew I get: "unable to connect to your DHCP server. Request has timed out." For whatever adapter Im using to connect. I'm using Windows 10 home. If anyone knows what the problem is I'd appriciate the help.
Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi BeebeYourself,

Try to disable and enable the adapter of your computer. Check for any updates.

Message 3 of 6
BeebeYourself
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the idea. I had tried that, but, because of what I found abut 30 minutes ago, this idea may be moot now anyway. I completely uninstalled my antivirus (bit defender free) and completely disabled windows firewall. Now I get Internet as long as I leave windows firewall turned off. I'm happy that I have a connection now, but this isn't exactly a good long term solution. I'm currently running scans with superantispyware and windows defender to at least rule out the possibility that system components were compromised by an infection. While possible, I doubt an infection would choose the moment I perform a router reset to strike.
My browser crashed during the router reset, so if any odd settings were applied to allow my computer to stay connected to the router after the reset completes then there could be something to that.
All I know is if I turn windows firewall on, I lose dhcp communication.
Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi BeebeYourself,

Check with windows if there is an option to exempt the DHCP communication of your  computer.

Message 5 of 6
BeebeYourself
Aspirant

I never really figured out exactly what the problem was, but I did end up fixing it! I used an great freeware tool called "Complete Internet Repair." It basically fixes and resets everything there is in one go and also includes a lot of other good options. Here's the download link in case anyone else faces a similar issue: 

https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7