Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7300 Repeater Mode?

KArnoth
Follower

R7300 Repeater Mode?

I can't find a way to put this router into repeater mode. I know it's possible with the R7000 (which is the same exact router without the DST), why can't I figure this out?
Message 1 of 4

@KArnoth wrote:
I can't find a way to put this router into repeater mode.

Does the manual explain how to do it?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

If not, maybe it doesn't have that option. Only some routers will work in repeater mode.

You can use the R7300 as an access point, wired to your router.

Message 2 of 4
coolcatco888
Aspirant

Hi I was trying to find this out as well but for a lot of people AP mode is not sufficient since the whole point of either Repeating or Bridge mode is to extend the network wirelessly without the use of long ethernet cables. This is quite the feature omission from the R7300 DST.

Message 3 of 4

@coolcatco888 wrote:

Hi I was trying to find this out as well but for a lot of people AP mode is not sufficient since the whole point of either Repeating or Bridge mode is to extend the network wirelessly without the use of long ethernet cables. This is quite the feature omission from the R7300 DST.

Wireless bridge mode is limited to only some of Netgear's routers.

You can use AP mode for just about any router. No need to run cables around the place, use Powerline Ethernet. to create the network. That's the same technology that powers the DST adapter in the R7300 DST. As that is now eight years old, its specifications don't match those of newer Powerline devices, with their faster Ethernet ports.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7