Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500 stopped showing up as a source on Samsung Smart TV

mr_coffee
Initiate

R7500 stopped showing up as a source on Samsung Smart TV

My Nighthawk R7500 v2 wifi router used to  show up on my Sources  menu on my Samsung TV so I could play videos from my usb thumb drive. Today, after working just fine for a year or more, it no longer shows up. 

I can enter the user interface from my computer, and the network and internet connectivity are just fine. I was  prompted to update the firmware when I went into the user interface, which I did, but that didn't seem to change anything. My BluRay disk and other wifi devices on the network are all showing up, and I can print to my network printer (wired ethernet, not off the router) just fine.

Ideas??

mr coffee

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7500 stopped showing up as a source on Samsung Smart TV

@mr_coffee wrote:

My Nighthawk R7500 v2 wifi router used to  show up on my Sources  menu on my Samsung TV so I could play videos from my usb thumb drive. Today, after working just fine for a year or more, it no longer shows up. 

Is your (unnamed) Samsung TV on a wired or wifi connection to the router?

@mr_coffee wrote:

My BluRay disk and other wifi devices on the network are all showing up, and I can print to my network printer (wired ethernet, not off the router) just fine.

It sounds like the TV is where the trouble lies.

The usual way to troubleshoot these things is in the control panel for the TV.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@mr_coffee wrote:

Is your (unnamed) Samsung TV on a wired or wifi connection to the router?

@mr_coffee wrote:

My BluRay disk and other wifi devices on the network are all showing up, and I can print to my network printer (wired ethernet, not off the router) just fine.

It sounds like the TV is where the trouble lies.

The usual way to troubleshoot these things is in the control panel for the TV.

Message 2 of 4
mr_coffee
Initiate

I redid the network configuration on my Samsung TV and it went back to showing up normally. THANKS

Message 3 of 4

Glad it worked out. Thanks for confirming that the traditional first way out did trick.

With luck you won't have to do it too often.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7