Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500v2 and UPnP issues

Creakydoor
Tutor

R7500v2 and sharing files

I recently got an R7500v2 to replace a defective R7500 and set up a USB drive on it to share media. AFAIK, I have it configured the same exact way as I had on the R7500, but none of my devices can see the share at all like it used to. E.g. My Samsung smart tv used to see it as an AllShare source and now it doesn't show up at all. If I connect to my Mac and look at the files, they are all there, no problem. I am running the latest firmware--just installed as part of my initial setup a few days ago. I don't think I'm missing anything obvious since I used to have it working in the old router. Any hidden gotchas I should be checking for with the V2 router?
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Creakydoor
Tutor

Turns out there was a corrupt readyDLNA file on the disk.  This corruption seemed to happen after I installed the new router.  I cleaned up the directory, and it rebuilt it and it seems fine.  It would be good for the router to log some errors when it hits fatal errors with a service.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Creakydoor
Tutor

Re: R7500v2 and sharing files

I did some more playing with this and tried removing all the shares and recreating them. They all have read access for everyone. Still don't show up on any devices at all.
Message 2 of 5
Creakydoor
Tutor

I just reset the router to factory settings, and reconfigured everything, and the device still doesn't show up via UPnP on my media devices.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Creakydoor,

Please contact support team who replaced your unit with v2 to report this issue.

Message 4 of 5
Creakydoor
Tutor

Turns out there was a corrupt readyDLNA file on the disk.  This corruption seemed to happen after I installed the new router.  I cleaned up the directory, and it rebuilt it and it seems fine.  It would be good for the router to log some errors when it hits fatal errors with a service.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7