Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500v2 losing all connection daily

Controlstick
Aspirant

R7500v2 losing all connection daily

I've had this router since February 26th of this year. Purchased new from a Walmart store. I had to restart the router many times and had several issues until I had updated firmware to the newest firmware at that time. I've had little to no issues until last week.

Now I have to reset the router daily and sometimes multiple times daily in order to have a connection. I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.2.4 hoping this would fix it but it didnt. I have changed nothing with my Internet,settings or devices so there is no logical reason for the failure other than the device is going bad. I have read other threads concerning this issue but no one to my knowledge has a resolution.

I understand that my product is under warranty but I have no way to contact netgear without paying 49 bucks??? How is that supposed to work? Can anyone offer some support or get me in contact with an actual employee of netgear so we can fix this. I am unwilling to pay to call in and troubleshoot an issue when my product is still under warranty. This is absurd.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7500v2 losing all connection daily

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Did you try to factory reset the router after updating to the latest firmware of 1.0.3.4?

Is the problem happening on the wired or wireless devices?

If you bypass the router, is your connection stable?

Who is your ISP?

What's the brand and model of your modem?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Peligro113
Initiate

I'm having the same issue, it is driving me crazy, shoudn't be happening on a router which costs $150.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 2 of 8
Controlstick
Aspirant

I agree completely. My router/modem combo from the phone company is more reliable. Can we get some help here??
Message 3 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Did you try to factory reset the router after updating to the latest firmware of 1.0.3.4?

Is the problem happening on the wired or wireless devices?

If you bypass the router, is your connection stable?

Who is your ISP?

What's the brand and model of your modem?

Message 4 of 8
Peligro113
Initiate

I've reset mine to factory defaults after updating to the latest firmware.

Only happens to 2.4ghz

If I connect straight to the modem I do t have any issues.

Mediacom is my ISP

Whatever Mediacom gave me...I think a Motorola but I'll have to check when I get home to make sure.
Message 5 of 8
Controlstick
Aspirant

-I just tried a factory reset. I will have to get back with you in a day or so to see of that fixed it.

In the meantime...

-It loses connection to both wired and wireless devices.

-Yes

-ATT

-Pace 5031NV

I appreciate you looking into this, but can I ask why my isp and modem factor into this? The router has worked for months and months and all of a sudden with no changes to anything(ISP and Modem included) so it seems like un-needed information!

Either way, I will get back to you in this post if/when I lose connection again or if I do not in the next day or so.

Message 6 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Peligro I'm waiting for an update from our engineering department regarding your concern.

@Controlstick To properly isolate the problem we needed that information. Just like in your case, it's happening on both (wired & wireless) so it could be a NAT issue since the modem is also capable of DHCP. Normally, in a network it's recommended that there's only one DHCP on the router to avoid conflicts. Can you let me know the Internet IP address that you're getting from the NETGEAR? You may omit the last two octets for your security. Also, what's the Internet IP address on your computer when you bypass the router? Will bypassing the router gives you a stable connection?

Message 7 of 8
Controlstick
Aspirant

Factory reset seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7