Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 - Cannot configure wireless settings

jcarrollpe
Aspirant

R7800 - Cannot configure wireless settings

Hello everyone,

Since updating to x.76  I have lost the ability to configure any wireless settings. 5Ghz is missing from wireless settings page and 2.4 cannot be changed. I have included 3 screenshots I hope will help those interested understand what I am seeing. Please take a look below.  Both the wireless settings page and the guest page are missing 5 Ghz, and 2.4 cannot be changed, BUT on the home page, they can be seen and to be clear my wireless network has both bands up and running just fine at full speed with 15+ devices connected.  It's just that I cannot change anything, and any time I enter wireless settings there is a long delay/spinning wheel for about 15 seconds before the page comes up. I have made two or three backups since April when I purchased the router so felt pretty safe jumping in and resetting to defaults. Here is what I have tried:

1. Switching on and off radios on the router several times. Both radio lights are solid white once running (and they work)

2. Software reset to factory settings from the "Backup" settings page.

3. Hard reset using button for 5 seconds until the power light when amber.

4. Hard reset using button for 30 seconds

5. Hard reset using 30-30-30 method

6. Reflashed firmware x.76 , x.74, x.68

Each time after logging into the router, I went straight to wireless settings and the problem was the same, including the page delay. So I flashed back to x.76 and restored my latest backup which brought back all my settings correctly, including wifi settings, ap, password, security, static IP's, port forwarding, etc. and everything works, but I am still unable to see or change any wireless settings. So I can use the router, but cannot change anything... and that is just not going to work for me. I constantly tinker and change channels periodically and sometimes use a scheduler for parental control. I'm pretty much at the end of the road as far as I know, and have considered for the first time flashing custom firmare just as a test to see I  can regain the ability to control my router. What makes things worse is the router was purchased this year in April when I retired my R7000 after many years of faithful service. Any recommendations would sure be appreciated. Note/disclosure: Other than this post, I have not contacted Netgear for support yet. I don't think I am eligible for warranty because I purchased the router new but from a store on Ebay. 

Cheers,

John.

note missing passphrase box  for 2.4 Ghz and nothing for 5 Ghznote missing passphrase box for 2.4 Ghz and nothing for 5 Ghzaccurate depiction of both bandsaccurate depiction of both bandsnever used but emulates the issue from wireless settingsnever used but emulates the issue from wireless settings

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
jcarrollpe
Aspirant

Re: R7800 - Cannot configure wireless settings

Not sure why my screenshots are not visible in my OP? ng_wireless_setup.JPG

ng_home.JPG

ng_guest.JPG

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply