Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 Internet LED Blinking

pgde
Aspirant

R7800 Internet LED Blinking

Hi: My Nighthawk router's Internet LED continues to flash white when the Internet connection to my ISP drops. I reboot the router (and my PC) and the orange no connection light blinks for a few seconds and then changes to white (even though the connection is down). I am working with a local WISP. The antenna/radio is on the roof and power and data are transferred over Cat6 cabling through a Powerline injector. There is a Cat6 cable from the injector to the Nighthawk (then from the Nighthawk to a Gigabit switch to my PC and other devices). This has happened since I first purchased the modem, and it does this regardless of what firmware version I use (I just updated to 1.0.2.28 and still have this problem. When I directly access the router via the Admin Interface, the first screen will show Internet Disconnected and is red, even though the white LED is still blinking.

Is this router defective or am I missing something?

Many thanks,

P.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
pgde
Aspirant

Re: R7800 Internet LED Blinking

That was the conclusion I came to also. But I did want to check with the experts!

Thanks for the information!

P.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
William10a
Master

Is a modem or a router required by your isp the r7800 is a router how long is the lan cable feeding the router's internet port if a long distance a cat 6 lan cable may help. I believe from the posting you a wireless internet service from what your saying about the internet signal droping in and out it could be you need a stronger signal to the router only going from the posting. any way to run a direct cat 7 lan cable ?

Running Genie by chance?

Message 2 of 5
pgde
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

Router only. From the PL Injector to the router is about 8', using Cat6 ethernet. No, I am not using Genie. The issue is not the Internet dropping (my WISP has been having hardware and configuration issues) but the fact that the white LED Internet light remains blinking even though on the home page of the R7800, the Internet box is red and says no connection. If I understand how the router is supposed to work is that if the connection drops, the led turns orange.

Many thanks,

P.

Message 3 of 5
William10a
Master

Yes the internet turns orange if there is a problem with the internet signal coming in the router but the radio link on the top of your house could keeping a false signal the router that keeps it happy even if there is problem signal in to house . Wireless is a funny thing to get correct as distance and many other things can affect it.

Message 4 of 5
pgde
Aspirant

That was the conclusion I came to also. But I did want to check with the experts!

Thanks for the information!

P.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7