Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7900P using MAC address security will not allow iPhone to connect to internet

rogersja
Aspirant

R7900P using MAC address security will not allow iPhone to connect to internet

Hello,

This is my first post.  I'm having a strange issue with my Nighthawk.  I use MAC address security on my router, and for years I've had no issues.  As I get a new product or device, I get its MAC address and add it without issue to the router under access control.  Recently, I've had a issue with 2 iPhones. 

The iPhones are still on the allowed list in the router; however, they will not access the internet??  I got one iPhone (XR) of them to work by switching off Private Wi-Fi Address, but even that does not work on the other iPhone (13).  I am not an expert or even a super user in this field, and would appreciate any help the community may provide.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7900P using MAC address security will not allow iPhone to connect to internet

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try disabling any Mac Address Security controls on the router to see if the phones will connect...

Message 2 of 7
rogersja
Aspirant

Hi Furrye38,

My router has firmware version:  V1.4.3.88_1.3.50

The modem is from Spectrum, but I cannot make out the model #.

As to your suggestion to remove the MAC address security, I don't want to do that.  The whole point of setting it up this way was to use the MAC address filtering.  It that no longer works, I don't want the router.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thank  you,

rogersja

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The test was to see if the phone connected correctly if you temporarily disabled the security on the router...

Message 4 of 7
rogersja
Aspirant

Hi  Furrye38,

Yes, the phone connects when the MAC address access control is turned off.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 7
rogersja
Aspirant

Hello!

Yep, that’s exactly how I have it configured and am using it. Still didn’t change my situation. Not a solution, but thank you.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7