Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7960P, new version of firmware, 1.4.1.66, does not work properly and would like to switch back to s

aeperkins63
Guide

R7960P, new version of firmware, 1.4.1.66, does not work properly and would like to switch back to s

I recentyl downloaded the newest version of  firmware, 1.4.1.66, while under the app for my nighthawk. Ever since then, I have trouble rebooting the router from my app and even testing internet speeds, saying it was having trouble rebooting and to try again later, without success. I would just like to know how top get back to the previous version, and just leave there. Just don't have time for these games with these routers when you pay so much for them!

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R7960P, new version of firmware, 1.4.1.66, does not work properly and would like to switch back

If there's issues after a firmware upgrade, a reasonable first step is a factory reset and clean reinstall (not from backup). 

If that doesn't work or you just want to downgrade you can. 

I'd recommend doing it over a hardwired connection. simply download the older firmware, extract it, and then follow the manual firmware upgrade process but use the older firmware. 

you can find the firmware and manual here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7960p

Message 2 of 3
ImpendingDoon
Aspirant

Re: R7960P, new version of firmware, 1.4.1.66, does not work properly and would like to switch back

Same issue. I updated to the latest 1.4.1.66 firmware (manually). Since then, all WiFi is running abysmally slow. I went from 80-120 Mbps to 800 Kbps - 1.2 Mbps. What’s going on? I have had nothing but trouble with this router. The last firmware version also gave me grief (same issues... WiFi slow, dropping out). I had to go back to the version before that (three versions back) to get something “reliable” (that version would randomly factory reset itself).
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7